Spray paint on the Gator

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, hope you can bail me out. Long story short, one of my kids got some red spray paint on Grandpa's Gator. It is a Ltd Edition model all black and brushed aluminum with the carbon fibre looking finish on the dash. That is where the paint is. How do I get it off without ruining the finish so their Grandpa doesn't find out? Thanks!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brakecleen if its fresh.
Otherwise no ideas lol. Maybe a good hand cleaner would work also

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried BrakeKleen and WD40 and no luck. It was on there for a couple days before I saw it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you use a razor blade scraper and carefully remove it. Then use action orange hand cleaner..

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possibly try SOS pads. And lots of water them a wax after might do it.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
You might try a product called "goof off" ..... It took spray paint off the tailgate of one of my old trucks(kids spray bombed all the vehicles on our street years ago). Used a good clean razor blade first, then goof off and then use wd40, followed by a good polishing job

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try some clay pucks, check with a detail or body shop. Not 100% sure on the excat name but it work on overspary from a guy spraying his fence that drifted to his nieghbors truck.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You might try a product called "goof off" ..... It took spray paint off the tailgate of one of my old trucks(kids spray bombed all the vehicles on our street years ago). Used a good clean razor blade first, then goof off and then use wd40, followed by a good polishing job

That stuff EATS plastic Ric.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
hmmmm, don't know teeg? It took the crayon off our rec room walls, that the kids kindly decorated for us.... I don't think it harms plastic

Just tried using it to take some glue/silicon off the plastic headlights on the quad and it etched the snot out of em, was going to use it to clean up the ridges on the quad box before putting weather strip on and its started to melt at that a bit too. Used brake kleen instead.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
just tried using it to take some glue/silicon off the plastic headlights on the quad and it etched the snot out of em, was going to use it to clean up the ridges on the quad box before putting weather strip on and its started to melt at that a bit too. Used brake kleen instead.
did you use the paste or the liquid type?

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
floor care systems grafitti remover tsw2 is its name.. (this stuff works) lol pm me i can get it for you about 70 bucks though.. rips old spray paint off cube vans and bulidings no problem

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, hope you can bail me out. Long story short, one of my kids got some red spray paint on Grandpa's Gator. It is a Ltd Edition model all black and brushed aluminum with the carbon fibre looking finish on the dash. That is where the paint is. How do I get it off without ruining the finish so their Grandpa doesn't find out? Thanks!

Don't matter how old you are, I guess it's just human nature to hide sh!t from the old man. lol. You're best bet would be to use a chunk of plastic...about 2"x3", they come in different varities...some say Visa, some say Mastercard....either one will work very well for your application.

Top Bottom