Spray Foam Insulation Cost?

Indy245

Reaction score
Anyone have a recent price for spray foam insulation for a shop. Looking for closed cell.

Thanks.

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Works out to about double the cost of standard insulation but worth it. Just built a house and had it done. My two cents.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you call a few companies. My dad got a 50 by 90 shop done last year closed cell and his quotes ranged from 6 bucks per square to 2.5 Same thickness and product. You also maybe be able to negotiate a price. I called a place to get my cat house spray foamed (92sqft) they first said $700 I said that's outrageous and I'll give you $250 cash. Well I got it done for 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
$1.16/sq ft/inch
We use BASF chemical, and it is R-6.22/inch. BASF has the highest LTTR's in the world, so don't let a non user of BASF tell you different ;)

700 bucks, was more than likely that companies minimum trip charge. Depending how desperate they were for work, or they had expired chemical kicking around. There is a good chance that they might negotiate.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$1.16/sq ft/inch
We use BASF chemical, and it is R-6.22/inch. BASF has the highest LTTR's in the world, so don't let a non user of BASF tell you different ;)

700 bucks, was more than likely that companies minimum trip charge. Depending how desperate they were for work, or they had expired chemical kicking around. There is a good chance that they might negotiate.

Built a legal basement suite in a house in Sherwood Park I own. Contractor used the Walltite (that is BASF's product) and it is fantastic. Part of the project required I had to have a separate heating system for each floor. The basement one seldom runs...ever. Fantastic stuff in my experience (one better than opinion:)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Doug (Trashy 668) a PM. he's your man.

x2...I recently had the company he works for come by and complete some spray foam work. Excellent workmanship. I would highly recommend the company he works for, for your spray foam needs!

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

Top Bottom