Sportsman Carb Issues

polarshell

Reaction score
Hoping somebody out there can help. We have three quads, 04 Sportsman 500, 03 Sportsman 500 & 05 Sportsman 600 all having the same issue with the carb. Fuel keeps pissing out of the carb. Changed the needle & seat and the float in all of them. Adjusted the float both ways and nothing works. Start it up, rev it up and the fuel leaks. ANY IDEAS???? I just want to go for a ride!!!

homersipes

Reaction score
kinda the same deal with an old boat motor I had gotten fuel pissing out the overflow hole, had the damn thing apart a million times, did the whole push needle up to the seat thing and it would seal, ended up being the float bowl itself was bent a lil, i know that your carb is cast and mine wasnt but itll be something stupid if you keep trying to fix it lol

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't times like that just make you want electronic fuel enjection that much more?

500 King

Reaction score
Don't times like that just make you want electronic fuel enjection that much more?

... or in the case of polarshell... maybe a different brand ATV. :d

Anyhow, if it were me, I would break down and buy a new carb. Sometimes there's just no fixing them.

Top Bottom