Sport quad riding in Fort Mcmurrary

codey525

Reaction score
Hello.
I will be moving to Fort Mcmurrary in late June, I have just bought a 08 KTM 525 xc. And wont know there area. Was woundering if anyone does much sport quad riding in the area.

thanks
Codey

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of people ride there, most go north past the bridge to nowhere and than into the sand. Its all sand and muskeg up in that area

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard there's some awesome riding up there as well, but never been. I travel to Fort Mac a couple times a month for work though, so throw me a pm sometime if you wanna plan a ride together! :)

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey

i got the ktm 450 xc and live in the mac. the boys r right though mainly skeg and sand. some trail riding but not much without a mudder. we got a dirt bike track too. or you can find some friends to go north w/ and hit up the sand dunes!

Sparx

Reaction score
It's hit and miss... Mostly gravel pits, but there are some dry trails when you know where to ride. Saprae Creek has some of the nicer dry trails for a sport quad that I like. Even around some of the outskirts of town it isn't too bad but you have to be careful to make sure your not riding within the city limits. Rotary park is a popular area that's really dry and has a few trails around it as well. Times of the year dictate more where you can ride as it goes from dry to very wet in no time flat here as well. To tell you the truth, if it weren't for the Six Lakes(Richardson Backcountry area) I wouldn't own a sport quad up here. Something like a Renegade would be much better. I'm born and raised here myself, so feel free to pm me if you need anymore info.

Top Bottom