Spidey Senses

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever have that feeling something is not quite right around you?
Last night just after the big rain started, we sat down for supper. Halfway through I had that feeling something was wrong.
Couldn't put my finger on it, I had a sudden sense of urgency come over me. Started going through the house looking for the cause of my uneasiness. Wifely was thinking is lost it i'm sure. Found myself in the basement. Turned on some lights, one didn't come on. That's odd, that light is also connected to the plug the sump pump is in. Checked the breaker, it tripped. Flipped it and ran over to the pit. Almost full! Breaker tripped again. Pump is plugged, shot, who knows.
After some frantic bailing one of my friends comes by with an extra pump. Hook it up to the hose and empty the pit, while wifey runs out to get a new pump and fittings. All in all, disaster averted. Stayed up well after midnight watching and tuning the new pump. Very satisfying I might add.
You ever have one of those feelings?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad called me from Arizona two or three years ago and said " Can you run over to the house and check on it, your cousin is out of town..."

I went across the city, looked over the place and thought I would check the sump pump. I flipped the manual switch and nothing happened, so I reached into the water to grab it... Bad idea, it had shorted and I was on my gut with 1 hand on the pump getting a good zap until I could let go of the pump.... idiot

But HE had that spidey sense feeling lol

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Yes. In the past two years I learned to always go with my gut and not fight the sixth sense tingles.
I found when I listen to my sixth sense, life goes so smooth. I advise to always go with your gut. You may not know why and maybe there isn’t a reason but go with it!
Last year I had a strong feeling to insure my machinery for fire. It was a really strong feeling and I didn’t understand it. Lo and behold, 3 weeks later, a criminal tried to light my neighbors property on fire. They started a fire in the tall tinder dry grass to burn his chit down. He is a dick and everyone who knows him hates him haha. Anyhoo, same as you, I had a feeling!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually when it comes to people, girlfriends in particular. Those Spidey senses seem to have 100% accuracy. Beyond me why I continually second guess them.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad called me from Arizona two or three years ago and said " Can you run over to the house and check on it, your cousin is out of town..."

I went across the city, looked over the place and thought I would check the sump pump. I flipped the manual switch and nothing happened, so I reached into the water to grab it... Bad idea, it had shorted and I was on my gut with 1 hand on the pump getting a good zap until I could let go of the pump.... idiot

Or he was doing premeditated murder....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Yes. In the past two years I learned to always go with my gut and not fight the sixth sense tingles.
I found when I listen to my sixth sense, life goes so smooth. I advise to always go with your gut. You may not know why and maybe there isn’t a reason but go with it!
Last year I had a strong feeling to insure my machinery for fire. It was a really strong feeling and I didn’t understand it. Lo and behold, 3 weeks later, a criminal tried to light my neighbors property on fire. They started a fire in the tall tinder dry grass to burn his chit down. He is a dick and everyone who knows him hates him haha. Anyhoo, same as you, I had a feeling!

He must really be a dick......

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is why I wire the sump plug on new homes with a common basement light. When the light doesn't work..... the labeled sump breaker tripped....it is noticed before the basement floods. Wifi battery sump alarms are cheap too (Costco).

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!

He tried to kill you. Haha. He’s prolly eyeing up your ol’ lady for himself. I watch a lot of true crime shows and this situation is a classic “Dad ends son, begins dating widow” story.

Are you going to confront your Dad about this discovery?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having 2 sump pumps in the basement and 2 outside the house. I had tooo many spidey feelings in the first year of living here. Now every fall I go to Lowes or HD and buy 1 or 2 of their 40% off sump pumps. I always have 2 new on hand at any given time

Now the latest is, when the toilets don't flush properly. Because you can't buy a large tank anymore and low grade sewer pipe to septic tank. Requires a BIG flush, now have to double flush.
Soooo...... Too big of a poop, not enough water, bsmt backing up, need to snake line, self contained septic tank is full??? Wife now has spidey senses, living here....

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having 2 sump pumps in the basement and 2 outside the house. I had tooo many spidey feelings in the first year of living here. Now every fall I go to Lowes or HD and buy 1 or 2 of their 40% off sump pumps. I always have 2 new on hand at any given time

Now the latest is, when the toilets don't flush properly. Because you can't buy a large tank anymore and low grade sewer pipe to septic tank. Requires a BIG flush, now have to double flush.
Soooo...... Too big of a poop, not enough water, bsmt backing up, need to snake line, self contained septic tank is full??? Wife now has spidey senses, living here....

that would be a ****ty feeling

Top Bottom