Spent the weekend on a Pro-RMK instead of my M1000

1badhusky

Reaction score
Day 1 on St. Helens was 18" of fresh powder on an 8-foot base. Was instantly hooked on the Pro. Most comfortable and "right feeling" sled I've ever jumped on. Was throwing it around like a toy, trying jumps and riding in a way I normally wouldn't have the confidence to try. Power felt better than my m1000 everywhere but very top end. Made decision I would sell my M1000 and get a 2013 Pro.

Day 2 on St. Helens was 36" of fresh powder, and we did more hill climbing at higher elevation. Oh how things changed. With the extra snow and elevation, what had felt like a very fast sled suddenly felt like a dog. Couldn't climb stuff that would have been easy on my M1000. Got stuck more in 1 day than I did all last year! Still had a blast on the Pro, but it definitely has its limitations. Now I'm thinking I'll wait another year, get a used 2013 Pro w/ the 163" track, and throw a turbo on it.

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good review... I agree with the the sled needing more power. The Pro could also bennifit from a better track .FYI ... I own a 2011 163 Pro

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the same with a test ride on my buddies pro rmk. Made my 1000 feel like I had anchors on the skis. Pull is still stronger on the 1000.

BRADWELL28

Reaction score
did the same thing.blew my m1000 up first day so i rode one of my buddys pro's, absolutly loved it. so easy to throw around, and could stand it right up and go more technical places then i could on my m1000

ColinSiR

Reaction score
Happened to me last weekend to. My 08 M8 fuel tank neck broke so I had to grab my dads 10 dragon 800. Well needless to say the M8 is back here in town now and for sale!
The dragon felt better in so many ways and it was stock!

Top Bottom