Speedwerx Powder Advantage Tunnel Dump Can

Flange99

Reaction score
Kinda late to this party, but I just wanted to say how happy I am with the Speedwerx tunnel dump can that I just installed on my 2010 M8. I've always had to deal with the exhaust side bog on this sled and it has really limited what I can do on it, maybe even more so than I thought based on my experience yesterday. First day out with the tunnel dump, and the 12"-18" deep snow was heavy. Previously I would have been dealing with with the exhaust bog all day, but not this time! The sled never hesitated once! I had it layed over on the right side and barely moving for 30-40 seconds at a time and no bog! If you are experiencing this bog, I highly recommend the tunnel dump!

EmEight

Reaction score
Wow that is awesome. Last weekend we were in revy and there was a crazy amount of snow. I have never had an exhaust side bog on my 09 m8 ... until then. If I tried to side hill on the right side it would instantly bog and if i didnt get it pointed down hill fast it would completely die out. More than once it ended in a BAD stuck. Where did you get that can from? How much?(pretty much I will pay anything) And how hard was the install? Much cutting? This is exactly what I need.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only had my 09 m8 for 1 yr and rode in some of the deepest snow i have ever been in this winter and never once had an exhaust bog. I did bog out twice due to the hood being completely covered but other than that, no bog ever.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only had my 09 m8 for 1 yr and rode in some of the deepest snow i have ever been in this winter and never once had an exhaust bog. I did bog out twice due to the hood being completely covered but other than that, no bog ever.

It can depend on a couple things. 1; if the snow is a fluffy powder the exhaust can blast it away, if it's heavy and wet the exhaust can't be cleared and bogs 2; the kinda can is on your sled. Mine is a jaws can and is super loud and must have a lot of pressure coming out which allows it to clear the snow.

I only had it bog twice at revy in 3 days of the deepest wetest snow I've seen, while "emeight" stuggle with the bog constantly while side hilling on the exhaust side.

Last edited:

Flange99

Reaction score
I picked it up at Ralph's in Calgary for $320. Install isn't too bad. I used a Dremmel with the flexible extension for the cutting. Used a cutting disk, cutting bit, and grinding stone.

EmEight

Reaction score
That is great. I'm for sure getting one. Is there any issue with the heat from the exhaust causing problems with the track? Or anything else? I really can't see there being any problem with all the turbo kits out there that are tunnel dumps. Can't wait. It's gonna be great.

Flange99

Reaction score
I've only had one ride with it on but no issues so far. I agree, guys have been running them for a couple years now and I wasn't able to find anyone talking about heat issues. You're right, if the turbo guys have been running them without issues, they must be fine.

EmEight

Reaction score
Well thanks so much for this thread. I was about ready to junk my sled and buy something else. There is nothing worse than hitting a big powder day and then your sled wont run properly. I didnt know this product existed until I saw your post. So now ill keep my sled and slap on a tunnel dump.
Cheers

Top Bottom