Speedometer cluster

bdt92

Reaction score
Hey guys so today I broke my speedometer cluster, and am wondering if I can replace the glass or if I have to replace the hole thing? It might be to late since it quit working now Thanks

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can replace the lens but if it's stopped working you need to replace the unit. Also it needs to be done by a dealer as the gauge has to be married to the ecu or it will throw engine codes.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dry it out good and try it before buying a new one unless you have busted the needles. clean the contacts real good

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
With the massive rains we had last winter my gauge got soaked. Took it off the machine and dried it out real good several times and it worked each time long enough to load it on the truck. Dealer replaced mine on warranty. Don't know about broken lens being on warranty though. Friggin' things are expensive. Good luck.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got one from my 13 XM SP setup, only thing is it doesn't send a heat signal to left grip. This is why I got it replaced it. PM if interested

bdt92

Reaction score
Okay thanks guys, yah it worked for about a hour after I broke it then it all quit working,maybe I'll go take it out and let it dry and see if it comes back to life and hope I can get away cheap.

bdt92

Reaction score
Well I took the speedo right apart set it infront of the fire all day, plugged it in and so far everything is working proper, after calling every skidoo dealer I could think of in bc I found a lens so hopefully it stays working, and saved me from buying the new 500$ speedo Thanks again for the help

Last edited:

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They just get covered in snow anyways!! who needs them:shocked::yikes:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't think that the cluster did anything except display stuff and send commands to the ECM... (like resetting trip meter and winterization..etc.)

bdt92

Reaction score
It's fixed replaced the lens and all is good, I'd agree with who needs it but without it my hand warmers didn't work and that was the deal breaker lol

Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
You can replace the lens but if it's stopped working you need to replace the unit. Also it needs to be done by a dealer as the gauge has to be married to the ecu or it will throw engine codes.

When you say "you" can replace the lens, do you mean take it to the dealer or is there someone in Calgary/Alberta that can replace/seal the unit? Mine still works...

Attachments

• XM Cluster 1.jpg
    XM Cluster 1.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom