Spedo not working on Kig Quad

kavik

Reaction score
The spedo stopped working on my 08 KQ 750. It reads 0 all the time.
I had just come out of a trail covered in wet willows when it stopped working. I am wondering if a stick could have hit a wire, or maybe something got wet. The rest of the display works fine.
Hopefully someone can help me with this so that I can do it myself instead of paying to do something that is likely an easy fix. Just don't know where to start looking.
Thanks.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you had to boost the battery lately, do not boost off another vehicle with the boosting vehicle running, burns out speed sensor, check wiring and fuses.

kavik

Reaction score
No boosting. I think it is a bad or loose sensor. I believe the sensor is located near the oil fill. So I will check it out in a few days when I am off work. I suspect it was either loose from the factory or a twig hit it and loosened or damaged it.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u naild her on the head buddy. seen lots of this when people do heavy muddin. if the sensor is not busted, look for pulled out terminals.

the plug on the back of the kq has several smaller wires going into it u probably just snagged one. it could be off the speed sensor as well.

T

kavik

Reaction score
Thanks, a stick snagged the speed sensor and pulled the wire off. No damage.

Top Bottom