Spark plug removal on T3 800

Old mtn. man

Reaction score
How do you get those frigging plugs out??? Sled tools are no good, and out of all my tools, I don`t have a wrench or socket that will fit. I just want to check the indexing is correct.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're supposedly indexed properly from the factory, but have never pulled one to check so I don't know what tools are needed. General consensus is just leave them alone and that's what I've done for better or worse I suppose.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have an old tool kit from say a 2011 then the spark plug tool in that kit will work with the screwdriver in the kit.. I had a plug work its way out one day on the mountain and i managed to get it back in with those..

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the PTO side put the spark plug socket on and turn it with a wrench, on the mag side put the socket on the plug and turn it with a crows foot on the end of some extensions( remove the air box). No need to check the plugs though or even carry spares. Never have change a plug under 6000KM on a etec.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the PTO side put the spark plug socket on and turn it with a wrench, on the mag side put the socket on the plug and turn it with a crows foot on the end of some extensions( remove the air box). No need to check the plugs though or even carry spares. Never have change a plug under 6000KM on a etec.

You should replace them soon. Mine had 8000k on them and there was nothing left of the electrode. Still ran fine though.

Sent from my iPhone

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been awhile but pretty sure a socket and crescent wrench worked fine not really that complicated. You need to take the hood off. You must've bored if you are checking plug indexing on a new sled. Checking gap too?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the right tools the plugs can be changed without removing the hood. The sled is brand new, if it starts than don't worry about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom