South side street racing??

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey on friday night like 11ish or midnight theres always a hole bunch of sick cars like fast cars tuned alot at the HARVEYS RESTERAUNT on calgary trail then they leave after at the same time?
is there some kind of Ilegal stret racing going on?
idc personally at all just wondeing

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havnt seen this before, but sounds like it might be fun to go watch especially if they do race eachother.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havnt seen this before, but sounds like it might be fun to go watch especially if they do race eachother.

Fun??? Street racing is for losers. They all spend 6 hrs standing around to watch 4 people race or they keep driving around because they are afraid that the cops might show up, so no one ever actually races, just wastes gas. BOOOOORRRRIIINNNNGGG. Watching a bunch of idiots in honda civics with coffee can mufflers, K&N filters and body kits? No thanks. My stock 2010 1500 Ram can kick the sh!t out of their junk anyday of the week. They have the same bullsh!t in Calgary here, they all meet at the Road King on Barlow then go off to the eastern side of the city to "race". :rolleyes: They even have team names like "the chaparral cobras" etc based on where they are from in the city HAHAHAHAHA! Dorks!!!!

They all brought their "hot rods" to Race City here one time for secret street, we were doing some testing for a buddy of mine and with an untested, non-setup mini-stock, we pretty much destroyed the lap times laid down by the so-called "fastest cars there". And the mini-stock was handling terrible due to camber issues and didn't have enough cam in it either.

If you want to see a bunch of losers driving POS cars in an illegal venue where they can kill some innocent guy crossing the street, driven by a bunch of douchecanoes with only shoulder belts and no roll cages, at speeds far exceeding their driving ability or by nimrods who don't understand that in order to take advantage of the real effects of an air dam on the front of your 1992 acura that you need to be going over 200 mph (a speed their car will never achieve)....so the body kit that they just installed only served the purpose of adding 300 lbs to their car, but will give them no real performance advantage, in fact the added weight will decrease their performance, then ya....go check out the street racing.

If you want to see real racing go to the race track. Edmonton has a great facility.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well aint this calling the kettle black,we all dont like it when we are painted with the same brush when a tool who goes HIGHMARKING in high avy conditions must meen everyone who has a sled does this right,or if a group of people hanging out at the cabins are there for an unsanction event must be
highmarking as well,i guess a group of people in rice burners and musle cars
hanging out at a parking lot must be illegally racing???what people cant go to hang out and look at eachothers cars now:nono:because they must be racing illegally

fbraz088

Reaction score
there's the same thing in the east. but it just seems that its a hangout place for them to shoot the crap and show-off their rides.

kinda like the cabin on a blue bird sky day with all the turbos just chillin'

Last edited by a moderator:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this should be a gooder, get the corn and cold ones ready.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well aint this calling the kettle black,we all dont like it when we are painted with the same brush when a tool who goes HIGHMARKING in high avy conditions must meen everyone who has a sled does this right,or if a group of people hanging out at the cabins are there for an unsanction event must be
highmarking as well,i guess a group of people in rice burners and musle cars
hanging out at a parking lot must be illegally racing???what people cant go to hang out and look at eachothers cars now:nono:because they must be racing illegally

nobody said they were street racing just said that street racing is for douchebags. read the posts before you yap or stfu just sayin. what modman said pretty much sums it up. nothin wrong with checkin out each others rides. nobody said there was just that street racing is for idiots. period.:realmad:

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nobody said they were street racing just said that street racing is for douchebags. Read the posts before you yap or stfu just sayin. What modman said pretty much sums it up. Nothin wrong with checkin out each others rides. Nobody said there was just that street racing is for idiots. Period.:realmad:

well then i guess nobody should highmark unless they are in a
sanctioned event. Also we sould only stay on the groomed trail and follow the speed limits no going down untouched cutlines and nice smooth fields! JS

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the first post assumed there was illegal street racing so you can stfu

hahahaha seriously???? I had a neighbour across the hall tell me about this sh!t 10 yrs ago and my neighbour's kid and all his buddies have rice rockets and I talk to him all the time and he tells me this is exactly what is going on. Are you living under a rock??

I'm a former racer myself (on the track - LEGALLY and SAFELY) and have known about this "backroad bullsh!t" (as real racers call it) for years, welcome to every city on the north american continent on a summer Friday night. You obviously know nothing about the scene to which you make reference. I sure hope you are not a street racer, my tone will drastically change if you are. Street racing is for people who lack the real abilities to actually race a car. Learn how to heel/toe shift and apex a turn, or plow your Hyundai into a brick wall at 90 mph with no 5-point harness and no roll cage, see if can walk away from that crash - then come talk to me about racing.

No one mentioned sledders - yes we are painted with the same brush and rightfully so, when a sledder gets caught in an avy during highmarking, there are probably 500 other sledders doing the right thing on the mountain. But there are also others highmarking. Are these kids (specifically mentioned) that meet at this place drag racing? I can't say for sure, maybe they really are just "showing and shining" :rolleyes:. Are there kids out there that are racing?? Hell yes - just like not all sledders are highmarking but some are. Was the point of my post to point out to the second poster on this thread how stupid it is (i.e. "fun to go and watch") and denounce street racing?? yes. Did you miss my point? Looks like it.

They all meet in one central place then drive away........duhhhhhh?? Why wouldn't they just hold their "show and shine" there at Harveys:rolleyes:? Why do they all leave at the same time - oh I know!!! - they must all have the exact same curfew time.....riiiiiigggghhhhttt. :rolleyes:

Holy sh!t man, I can't believe you would be so naive to think that a bunch of kids in cars on a Friday night would not be out drag racing somewhere and then try and shift focus back onto sledders. Weak argument to make a very weak point IMO. Last time I checked, sledders were only responsible for their own deaths by their own actions, and their actions were not responsible for the deaths of innocent, hardworking family people just making ends meet. CTV Toronto - Man hailed as hero in Hwy. 400 crash laid to rest - CTV News

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahaha seriously???? I had a neighbour across the hall tell me about this sh!t 10 yrs ago and my neighbour's kid and all his buddies have rice rockets and I talk to him all the time and he tells me this is exactly what is going on. Are you living under a rock??

I'm a former racer myself (on the track - LEGALLY and SAFELY) and have known about this "backroad bullsh!t" (as real racers call it) for years, welcome to every city on the north american continent on a summer Friday night. You obviously know nothing about the scene to which you make reference. I sure hope you are not a street racer, my tone will drastically change if you are. Street racing is for people who lack the real abilities to actually race a car. Learn how to heel/toe shift and apex a turn, or plow your Hyundai into a brick wall at 90 mph with no 5-point harness and no roll cage, see if can walk away from that crash - then come talk to me about racing.

No one mentioned sledders - yes we are painted with the same brush and rightfully so, when a sledder gets caught in an avy during highmarking, there are probably 500 other sledders doing the right thing on the mountain. But there are also others highmarking. Are these kids (specifically mentioned) that meet at this place drag racing? I can't say for sure, maybe they really are just "showing and shining" :rolleyes:. Are there kids out there that are racing?? Hell yes - just like not all sledders are highmarking but some are. Was the point of my post to point out to the second poster on this thread how stupid it is (i.e. "fun to go and watch") and denounce street racing?? yes. Did you miss my point? Looks like it.

They all meet in one central place then drive away........duhhhhhh?? Why wouldn't they just hold their "show and shine" there at Harveys:rolleyes:? Why do they all leave at the same time - oh I know!!! - they must all have the exact same curfew time.....riiiiiigggghhhhttt. :rolleyes:

Holy sh!t man, I can't believe you would be so naive to think that a bunch of kids in cars on a Friday night would not be out drag racing somewhere and then try and shift focus back onto sledders. Weak argument to make a very weak point IMO. Last time I checked, sledders were only responsible for their own deaths by their own actions, and their actions were not responsible for the deaths of innocent, hardworking family people just making ends meet. CTV Toronto - Man hailed as hero in Hwy. 400 crash laid to rest - CTV News
I was just saying to assume is the same thing as how we are viewed and as for racing i race my rice rockets at stratotech,and no longer ride street but again you assume too much,my whole point was we do not like when we get painted with the same brush as some fool who ignores all the signs of an avalance and still goes climbing and gets killed ,then all sledders are wreckless idiots,i was not trying to insult your intellegance or attack you in any manor it was my opinion to the very first post

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL i didnt mean for all this to start funny

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well for me personally I grew up ilegally drag racing on country roads,not in city or populated areas,never seen anyone killed,in Cambell river it was on a secluded stretch of highway,we had one guy down the end with radio and occasionally he would have to stop traffic to finish the race,In Courtney it was a paved stretch of logging road,not much traffic but very narrow,we did it during the day and some days there was 40 to 50 cars there plus fans,cops would come bye and racing would stop for awhile as we were just hangin out,lol,they leave eventually and the fun began again,not every town has a track so there will always be street racing.Do I think its wright well depends on location but we sure had some fun days though.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Well for me personally I grew up ilegally drag racing on country roads,not in city or populated areas,never seen anyone killed,in Cambell river it was on a secluded stretch of highway,we had one guy down the end with radio and occasionally he would have to stop traffic to finish the race,In Courtney it was a paved stretch of logging road,not much traffic but very narrow,we did it during the day and some days there was 40 to 50 cars there plus fans,cops would come bye and racing would stop for awhile as we were just hangin out,lol,they leave eventually and the fun began again,not every town has a track so there will always be street racing.Do I think its wright well depends on location but we sure had some fun days though.

Your an awful person....... Just sayin...........................:eek:

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry dudes, dont actually want them to race, i just like to see some nice cars. i'd go to the race track but probably suffer from a touch of attention deficit disorder or something and get bored of sitting around. I just figured i would post a reply and swing by some night to see some of these cars. I dont know anything about cars and definately not enough to hold my own in any sort of car conversation so i would probably leave after one drive past. sorry for starting something, I should have paid more attention to my wording

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
sorry dudes, dont actually want them to race, i just like to see some nice cars. i'd go to the race track but probably suffer from a touch of attention deficit disorder or something and get bored of sitting around. I just figured i would post a reply and swing by some night to see some of these cars. I dont know anything about cars and definately not enough to hold my own in any sort of car conversation so i would probably leave after one drive past. sorry for starting something, I should have paid more attention to my wording

You are a horible person as well.........:rant:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you didn't start anything. don't worry about your wording.

Make fun all you want Bogger, I'm sure if there were street racers ripping past your house at 3 pm when your kids were walking home from school, your tone would be different. "Just sayin........."

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I am not sure if it still happenens in Red Deer on Friday or sat.night still,,,,,,,but Gaetz avenue was bad for the quick one block drags ,,B.S. corner as well.I saw a very very fast Grand National do some very crazy stuff and not a cop in sight.

Top Bottom