south of Cataract staging

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is south down 940 from cataract staging area is there any other trails to play areas:smilieicon_ford:

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
what is south down 940 from cataract staging area is there any other trails to play areas:smilieicon_ford:

Hwy 940 is closed south from the Cataract staging area, you have to trail ride from there. You can ride south on 940 if there is enough snow cover, but there are a lot of park areas which are off limits to motorized traffic.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought that the park was to the left of the road as you head south. is there any trails or meadows that are off to the right?

:smilieicon_ford:

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road only goes as far as the gate closure(for sleds) and there was decent snow on it last weekend....yes there are a few meadows off to the right....but I'm pretty sure they are out of bounds...only saw one set of tracks in there....

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thats what i thought to but was hoping for a hidden gem back there.... you know the huge rolling meadow and hills with "no stumps" and 3 feet of untouched (i know im dreaming)... how long does it take to get to Fernie?

Thanks
Rich

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thats what i thought to but was hoping for a hidden gem back there.... you know the huge rolling meadow and hills with "no stumps" and 3 feet of untouched (i know im dreaming)... how long does it take to get to Fernie?

Thanks
Rich

did you mean by sled..???

Once you reach the junction at 533 (gas plant there?) which is down the road from the closure gate...its about 75kms to Coleman(crowsnest)...but problem is...how much snow and also..... a guy would probably get "bounced" when he got there.....

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So its 3.5 hours... thats what i thought sounds good thanks gascan

Top Bottom