Something to look into

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, Today i took my skid to the dealer and not long after i left i got a call from them. Apparently the holes i found are normal on the 2013/14 XM, i was shocked due to the fact that these are all pivot points! Maybe a few of you XM owners out there can have a look at your skids. The two main spots are the top pivot points on the rear suspension arms where they attach to the tunnel. That arm that runs across there has always been a grease point, the holes are right in the middle and on the bottom side. Id guess that the holes are there to let any potential moisture build up weep out. Thanks in advance for your help.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, Today i took my skid to the dealer and not long after i left i got a call from them. Apparently the holes i found are normal on the 2013/14 XM, i was shocked due to the fact that these are all pivot points! Maybe a few of you XM owners out there can have a look at your skids. The two main spots are the top pivot points on the rear suspension arms where they attach to the tunnel. That arm that runs across there has always been a grease point, the holes are right in the middle and on the bottom side. Id guess that the holes are there to let any potential moisture build up weep out. Thanks in advance for your help.

You got any pictures? I like to put grease in so the moisture don't

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today when i pick my skid up ill snap a few pics to show everyone what i'm dealing with.

Top Bottom