Someone please tell me about boost bottle

800polaris

Reaction score
Hi all, i just bought a boost bottle to go along with my new twin pipes. I know that boost bottles help stabilize air/fuel mix coming from carbs going to heads. They are "supposed" to increase throttle response throughout bottom end and mid range and increase fuel milage. Supposably, added horsepower. I am buying them to assist my pipes, only because my sled will run better. I read soo much about how they work and how they are junk and a waste of $$$$$. I know what they do, but can someone with experience on polaris RMK 800's with mods please help me out and write me back.

ps. I also heard that they do not work on mukini carbs, only kiehien carbs. What they difference is i dont know?????:beer::beer::beer:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It helped clean up the bottom end on my '97 700 RMK in stock form. I was very happy. I don't think it's going to make you any more HP though. That's all the experience I have with them.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my '00 600 summit came with boost bottle stock; mikuni roundslide carbs.
Like the guys said before, might clean up bottom end a bit but no measureable horsepower gains as far as I've heard.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No horsepower gains, but it does clean up the low/middle range gurggle that the 98 and up 700/800 RMK's had.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A boost bottle picks up the fuel that is spit back into the carb throat and then dumps it back into the cyl on the next intake stroke,thus boosting the intake charge.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 2000 700 put one one made it more boggyer, probably could have jetted leaner but i just took it off and filled the holes with shot gun shells brass ends haha

Top Bottom