Some more cool BC taxes for Albertans .

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW! I wonder how many people will be selling their places?? I laughed at the moment about oil Execs... Yeah, cuz they're the only ones who may own a vacation property out there. If I had a place being affected, Id be tempted to sell and go south!

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice one hey... these NDP/green dicks really are a dream. Buy a holiday house 20 years ago, have the value go from 100k to 400k and now get taxed an additional 2k this year then 8k every year after that on top of regular taxes.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna hurt the BC economy.
All those vacationers spend good money.

If they are trying to target Hongcover they really missed the mark here.

Gonna hurt the interior of BC big time.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will hurt around Fernie too.
Gonna hurt the BC economy.
All those vacationers spend good money.

If they are trying to target Hongcover they really missed the mark here.

Gonna hurt the interior of BC big time.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Pratt, Georgia, Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]The new tax would be imposed on Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, the Vancouver Island regions of Victoria and Nanaimo and the municipalities of Kelowna and West Kelowna in the Interior"

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Pratt, Georgia, Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, serif]"[/FONT]The new tax would be imposed on Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, the Vancouver Island regions of Victoria and Nanaimo and the municipalities of Kelowna and West Kelowna in the Interior"
Still makes investors nervous, what's to say the taxation zones don't expand?

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe if you albertans would have bought more property in Vancouver and visited more. Right now it's all owned by arabs and chinese that never visit.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
frankly if you can afford to buy million dollar plus properties and only use them a couple times a year and dont bother to rent them out the rest of the time, I doubt this tax is an issue for you. Wonder why no Whistler? Gotta be a crap load of off shore properties there.

And yes, I think anybody who thinks this tax is aimed at Alberta residents are pretty naive. Its an obvious shot at offshore interests.

The background for this tax is simply to try and reign in the offshore interests who are buying up BC properties as investments and creating an artificial increase in home values which makes them harder and harder for local BC residents to afford.

xpbrian

Reaction score
Well this is just great!! On top of already paying higher property tax than a resident of B.C. Anybody wanna buy a condo in sicamous before they include there???

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tax will not affect the people it is aimed at, because they have the means to find a loophole around it. It will hit the regular people who just pay it.

Top Bottom