solution to superglides on ramps?

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't the superglides built in Canada? Could explain the pricing difference. And buying Canadian, is always awesome.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't the superglides built in Canada? Could explain the pricing difference. And buying Canadian, is always awesome.
Superclamp/SuperGlide are manufactured and distributed out of Calgary. If you have a problem call Randall and he will take care of you. He is a very good vendor that way. His number should be on there website.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the responses. ive tried a few different screws and re positioning the screws but they always seem to come loose then tne ski hits and breaks them all up its been quite annoying i must say. ken i may have to bring you my ramp here soon to the boys and get them to work me out a good solution.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Jared, I have SuperGluides on my ramp and I have never had a problem with the SuperGluides. They are awesome.

I had a problem with the 1" square tubing as it didn't stand up worth crap. I replaced it with 1 and !/4" square tubing. That gave me more purchase and I used 1" SS bolts and I haven't had an issue since.

I also put pieces of 1/8"x 6"x3" aluminum on the rungs where the joints were. Screwed the aluminum to the rung and then screwed the SuperGluide to the aluminum. Seems like a lot of work but it works just fine.

I also have no carbides on my runners. Maybe that helps.

Next time I'm in Pincher, I'll show you my ramp. Cheers, fs

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill strait through the rungs and use bolts with lock nuts. That way you cam leave them on the loser side and will still expend and contract with different temps. And if you put a fender washer on the bolt it will never pull through the plastic!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
He is a awesome guy ..fixed my superclamp ,,came and picked it up.and fixed it no charge,,Top notch service
Superclamp/SuperGlide are manufactured and distributed out of Calgary. If you have a problem call Randall and he will take care of you. He is a very good vendor that way. His number should be on there website.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
There are currently 13 users browsing this thread. (11 members and 2 guests)

• +>>>>>The man is here lol.
  • +,

Superclamp

Reaction score
thanks for the responses. ive tried a few different screws and re positioning the screws but they always seem to come loose then tne ski hits and breaks them all up its been quite annoying i must say. ken i may have to bring you my ramp here soon to the boys and get them to work me out a good solution.

Call me any time if you have a problem or any questions 1-403-203-2210

Superclamp

Reaction score
Build a set of skins for under your skis out of a couple crazy carpets? Was thinking about superglides, but not after reading this thread.

Why , after reading this thread would you not want to concider Superglides???? Call me about your concern , 1-403-203-2210

Superclamp

Reaction score
those super glides are like brittle plastic ! no good . use some plexy glass or a better type of plastic 0.o and keep yer bolt holes closer to the edge ...

Looks to me as you don't know what you are talking about, Superglides are brittle plastic and no good, LOL, Plexy glass brittle and specially in the cold. What the hell is 0.o type plastics??? Have you ever used Superglides???? I just shake may head at comment from guys like you.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Dont pay attention to Willy..He just is a dick in general,,,so he told me
Looks to me as you don't know what you are talking about, Superglides are brittle plastic and no good, LOL, Plexy glass brittle and specially in the cold. What the hell is 0.o type plastics??? Have you ever used Superglides???? I just shake may head at comment from guys like you.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Seems that what most people on here doo when they read Willies comments. I have the Super glides on my enclosed trailer ramp and they work great. I have had a few screws break off but it's usually from buddies running over them!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See I told you guys Randall was a straight shooter with his product. Don't be scared to call him if you have questions or a problem with the product. He has an awesome name in the industry and awesome product and wants to keep it that way.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
See I told you guys Randall was a straight shooter with his product. Don't be scared to call him if you have questions or a problem with the product. He has an awesome name in the industry and awesome product and wants to keep it that way.

Agree 100% Ken

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have them on the ramp of my enclosed and they suck. Randall I hope you are reading this thread cause you need to revamp this design. My clamps work great but my glides are terrible. Maybe changing the color might help, there is way to much expanding and contracting. Just my opinion..

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That how they did it for years. Walk on the rungs.

X2 white puck board on my marathon ramp, no issues with it at all. Riveted down with the big flat head rivets, never had an issue with the rivets breaking off either.

Just walk on the rungs. Pretty easy to do the math on snowy boots, steep ramp and plastic.......

Top Bottom