So when can i stop paying my property taxes to the Regional District of East Kootney?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is Illegal. This is right from the worksafeBC website.

Generally, in a job application or interview, items related to possible areas of discrimination, such as your religious beliefs, place of origin or family status, should come up only if they relate directly to the job. For example, you should not normally be asked about your religion, unless you are applying to teach in a religious school.

https://www.workbc.ca/jobs-careers/find-jobs/your-rights-as-a-job-applicant.aspx

except when it is exempted by government regulation. BC government controls site C, and BC government controls Worksafe BC. They can write pretty much any rule they want on this project.

When Site C was going through the approval process, one of the conditions was residents of BC went to the front of the line for jobs. Doesnt mean residents of Alberta cant work there, they just have to wait till all equal BC applicants are employed.

It is illegal for me to hold you as a prisoner because I think you committed a crime. It is not illegal for the government to hold you as a prisoner because they feel you have committed a crime. See the difference? They make the rules, we as individuals dont.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s discriminating!!

What happens if the pot is silver?

TBH, that’s the govt doing, not the Albertans complaining about out of towners. Are there any B.C. govt restrictions on reserving campsites from out of province?

BC Government campsites are all still closed to both residents and non-residents. No discrimination there.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta Parks are NOT taking reservations from out of province travelers. Kettle calling the pot black?

That’s discriminating!!

What happens if the pot is silver?

TBH, that’s the govt doing, not the Albertans complaining about out of towners. Are there any B.C. govt restrictions on reserving campsites from out of province?

BC Government campsites are all still closed to both residents and non-residents. No discrimination there.

That’s why I said it’s discriminating, What if the pot was silver. A joke.
I can’t wait till this over blown coved BS is done. Then maybe we can get back to being normal and friendly banter instead of blue vs red plates. Unto the next pandemic.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s why I said it’s discriminating, What if the pot was silver. A joke.
I can’t wait till this over blown coved BS is done. Then maybe we can get back to being normal and friendly banter instead of blue vs red plates. Unto the next pandemic.

I kinda remember allot of red plates vs blue plate threads before the virus, this just gives another stage to work with

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
absolutely correct.

it boils down to BC'ers not wanting to share their province with other Canadians.

real nice folks they are. exceptional in fact.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That white oakley wearing, black smoke, liftet 4x4 crowd dont help you guys much, they have a way of pissing off the locals.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
absolutely correct.

it boils down to BC'ers not wanting to share their province with other Canadians.

real nice folks they are. exceptional in fact.
We have no problem sharing just not with people who think they are entitled to do whatever they want, when ever they want.

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have no problem sharing just not with people who think they are entitled to do whatever they want, when ever they want.

I have a place in Radium and my primary residence is in Alberta. I can say without question that that there are some on both sides of the border that make their "home' province look bad. As far as doing whatever they want whenever they want....you must be referring to the "locals" that fly by my place on their quads and side by sides on a public roadway without plates every day heading up towards Forster.....Goes both ways Pano-dude.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a place in Radium and my primary residence is in Alberta. I can say without question that that there are some on both sides of the border that make their "home' province look bad. As far as doing whatever they want whenever they want....you must be referring to the "locals" that fly by my place on their quads and side by sides on a public roadway without plates every day heading up towards Forster.....Goes both ways Pano-dude.
What's the issue with that? Having access to trails from town is why we live here and not the city.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I completely agree with the above statement.
Its not white plates or blue plates that is the issue, its certain individuals that bring the bad taste along with them. The asswhipe out in another province will also be the asswhipe in his own province.
I see plenty of that at my home, half of the people here are cottage owners and come here for time out, they are great and welcomed. Yet we have one home(Albertan cottage) when they are here the neighborhood turns into a chit show with loud music heard a kilometer away (almost) and ATV's ripping around on public roads with no licenses.
They come here having no respect for others, i'm sure their behavior doesn't change cause they crossed the boarder.
Seen similar entitled behaviors from locals also, Sicamous/Enderby/Revy, plenty of locals know how to avoid paying trail passes feeling they live their so they own the riding areas.
Entitle people are a-hole at home and away, respect they have non no matter what plate color. It only takes the ONE to taint everyone else.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What's the issue with that? Having access to trails from town is why we live here and not the city.

That's the problem, no plates, no road simple.
Or like some you must feel privilege and doesn't apply to you.

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The issue is its not legal....you being a local should know that Pano-dude....if not here is a great link to review. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registration/specialty-vehicles/Pages/Off-road-vehicles.aspx
Just because you live in BC doesn't give you the right to ride anywhere you want without proper licensing etc. Just sayin maybe it isn't always the Albertans who are a**holes.

Frankly I am sick of being treated like I don't belong in another province that I pay taxes in just because "locals" don't like it when "Albertans" come to town. Tourism is what keeps the entire Valley alive and the vast majority of the population employed. People need to realize that and quit bitching because without tourism the Valley we all love so much would be in a much different economic state.
[/FONT]

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

and unfortunately most BC'ers make that determination, and automatically assume, the colour of a persons licences plates makes them an ignorant prick.

and iv'e stop saying some bc'ers, because i believe the majority of bc'ers hate Albertans. full stop.

a buddy at work had an interesting take on how people at work have reacted to this entire corona BS we now find ourselves in.

"everybody just got naked"

Fear brings out true insecurities and bigotries in those who feel powerless with the current situation

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and unfortunately most BC'ers make that determination, and automatically assume, the colour of a persons licences plates makes them an ignorant prick.

and iv'e stop saying some bc'ers, because i believe the majority of bc'ers hate Albertans. full stop.

a buddy at work had an interesting take on how people at work have reacted to this entire corona BS we now find ourselves in.

Fear brings out true insecurities and bigotries in those who feel powerless with the current situation

Now that an arrogant statement. You must dislike or maybe even hate everyone but yourself then.
Poor choice of words I think.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The issue is its not legal....you being a local should know that Pano-dude....if not here is a great link to review. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registration/specialty-vehicles/Pages/Off-road-vehicles.aspx
Just because you live in BC doesn't give you the right to ride anywhere you want without proper licensing etc. Just sayin maybe it isn't always the Albertans who are a**holes.

Frankly I am sick of being treated like I don't belong in another province that I pay taxes in just because "locals" don't like it when "Albertans" come to town. Tourism is what keeps the entire Valley alive and the vast majority of the population employed. People need to realize that and quit bitching because without tourism the Valley we all love so much would be in a much different economic state.
[/FONT]
Are you worries that they are not insured or that they are upsetting your peace and quiet? Your sleds or quads registered and insured? I'm sure you don't speed coming to your vacation property or have never turned without signaling.
I'll lay it out one more time for you but it won't matter cause you all seem to feel BC hates Alberta which is not the case. When you see minimum 100 people a day in your store and 1% of them are that self entitled tourist that equates to 1 person everyday that you have to deal with on top of being swamped all day trying to keep the good customers happy.
Take that to your workplace, how many times do you complain about that 1 person in your office that is a pain in the ass? Daily? Do you tell your friends that person was such a pita?

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!

I have met no BC’ers that hate Albertans. I might tease the Albertan species but they are a friendly, funny bunch for the most part. They spend money and a few are even hard working.

Last edited:
Top Bottom