So when can i stop paying my property taxes to the Regional District of East Kootney?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our great grandkids(if we have any) will be paying for this mess.
****... grow up buddy enough bull **** going on without you wining that you have to pay your property taxes... you don't pay it now you will pay it later.... you thing all this money the gov is handing out is free... far from it we are all going to be paying it back for years to come just wait and see...

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another childish post, use the computer again to read up on how many provinces, towns and officials are asking people to not travel. You seem to be focused on us in the East Koots, why is this? Jealous? Just because I posted a different point of view than you? You think your opinion is worth more than mine or the people who are making the requests? Why is that?

didn't like the dick comment, eh dick?

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I’m seeing is you don’t get to NOT pay your taxes they are simply deferred down the road when you get to pay them back - with interest of course. Not a good idea to have additional debt on top of what everyone has already.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thing for BC the RDEK wasn't able to shut down the borders,,,,,,

border.JPG

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple answer is......stop paying your taxes to the RDEK any time you like. Usually takes about a year for your property to go to tax auction. After that you'll have to find something else to bitch about.

See how simple life is?:D

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple answer is......stop paying your taxes to the RDEK any time you like. Usually takes about a year for your property to go to tax auction. After that you'll have to find something else to bitch about.

See how simple life is?:D

More spreading of mis-information.....

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tonight on the national news says that 30% of buisness and comon folks are not able to pay their taxes this year...

Sad reality is that its closer to 40% over all...

Taxes won't get paided,,, property's taken away,,, more homeless after that,,, more taxes to others to pay the shortage of money,,, and more poor groups to follow after that...

The system is set up to fail,,, everyone will get screwed,,, but what would I know since we haven't got there yet...

Always more wrong then wrong... ha

Welcome to 4th World Canada,,, poor'er then dirt poor when the smoke clears...

They said this depression """could""" be worse than the 1929/30 years,,, guess we will find out or not...

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is reality.

the first payment cuts for Albertans will be their on their toys and on their vacation properties. Taxes and Mortgages.

next, they will not be travelling to the those properties, and if they are, they will scrutinise every penny they spend on those trips.

BC is more expensive in all aspects. So they will fill the tank before they go, pack the groceries, pack the booze.

The valley has been hurting the past few years. The next few will be worse.

RDEK needs to pull their heads out of their AZZes.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is reality.

the first payment cuts for Albertans will be their on their toys and on their vacation properties. Taxes and Mortgages.

next, they will not be travelling to the those properties, and if they are, they will scrutinise every penny they spend on those trips.

BC is more expensive in all aspects. So they will fill the tank before they go, pack the groceries, pack the booze.

The valley has been hurting the past few years. The next few will be worse.

RDEK needs to pull their heads out of their AZZes.
The valley has not been "hurting' at all. It's been the opposite, all contractors have been really busy.
The virus will definitely slow things down unfortunately.
Don't want anyone to lose their properties but fact is to many people have been just hanging on to second homes by the short term rental market. Now that will be gone for quite some time.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Fernie there is a popular saying..."Fricken Albertan".

Usually said by someone from that moved to Fernie from Alberta...Ontario...England...Australia...Germany...Sweden...you get the idea...more fricken hypocrites...from all over the world.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Fernie there is a popular saying..."Fricken Albertan".

Usually said by someone from that moved to Fernie from Alberta...Ontario...England...Australia...Germany...Sweden...you get the idea...more fricken hypocrites...from all over the world.

How is it that someone from England or any other location that says "fricken Albertans" is a hypocrite?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think because they visited the area many times and then chose to move there like some Albertans have.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC ?
I am from the province and until you have moved out and look back in ? You don’t understand!!
I moved out in 1990 and in GP since working O&G .
BC turns up it’s nose steady at AB. plates and people and will report companies working on that side to the regulatory departments.
BUT ?!!!
When BC comes this side it’s all great and no one even complains as it should be . IMO
I look at Costco on the weekends and it’s 50% BC plates with huge line ups at gas pumps slowing things down with all the filling of containers to take back .
I would do the same thing but just can’t understand the thought process and never will .
BC is awesome , Ab. is awesome, sask ? Well whatever? Lol just kidding
We are all Canadians so get over it . Other then Quebec I guess but lots of great people as well I am sure ?

2dawgsfawkin

Reaction score
How is it that someone from England or any other location that says "fricken Albertans" is a hypocrite?

agreed. we should all take the time to commend anybody slamming Albertan's for their uncanny insight, regardless where they are from.

here.JPG

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think because they visited the area many times and then chose to move there like some Albertans have.
That's not being a hypocrite, moving to BC treating locals like crap and then complaining about Albertans would be hypocritical.

I have no issues with people from anywhere moving or visiting here and becoming part of the local economy. That's what I did as did most of the people I know.

I do have issues with second home owners or visitors who feel they can treat others like crap just because they are spending money. Original poster is so into himself he still does not see the logic behind why RDEK officials were asking people to not travel here and this is the problem.

This is where the animosity comes from, a small percentage of the Alberta visitors treat locals this way and then bitch about how BC people take their money but complain about being treated like crap.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's not being a hypocrite, moving to BC treating locals like crap and then complaining about Albertans would be hypocritical.

I have no issues with people from anywhere moving or visiting here and becoming part of the local economy. That's what I did as did most of the people I know.

I do have issues with second home owners or visitors who feel they can treat others like crap just because they are spending money. Original poster is so into himself he still does not see the logic behind why RDEK officials were asking people to not travel here and this is the problem.

This is where the animosity comes from, a small percentage of the Alberta visitors treat locals this way and then bitch about how BC people take their money but complain about being treated like crap.
Not what I got out of it but to each their own.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carved in the wall in a outhouse wall in a well known BC park.

Here I sit, my a-hole hurt'n
Just gave birth to another Albertan.

Top Bottom