So What Happens When....

mrsummit700

Reaction score
So what happens when you use the wrong stock exhaust pipe for your sled?
For example I have a 2000 Summit 700 HM and can not find a used stock exhaust but I did find a Stock 2001 Summit 800 HM Exhaust.

Will using the wrong exhaust pipe damage anything on the sled?

Would love to hear your Ideas

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what happens when you use the wrong stock exhaust pipe for your sled?
For example I have a 2000 Summit 700 HM and can not find a used stock exhaust but I did find a Stock 2001 Summit 800 HM Exhaust.

Will using the wrong exhaust pipe damage anything on the sled?

Would love to hear your Ideas

Tuned pipes are tuned for the engine they are designed for. You are asking for disaster if it even runs with an 800 pipe on a 700. I would look for a Dynoport exhaust if you can't find a stocker.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should have no problems running an 800 pipe on a 700, keep an eye on jetting, do a plug check a few times as long as plugs are not white or light gray you should be ok. keep your eyes open for the correct pipe as it may run better than the 800 pipe.a lot of the manufaturers used the same pipe for different sleds

mrsummit700

Reaction score
thanks for the posts guys.
It seems that some say its ok and some say its not good to do.
but I have a better understanding now

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you look in the classifieds. one guy has a set of pipes pods and digi for your sled. seen same add on kijiji this am he has dropped his price to 450.00 pretuy good price as the digi system is nearly worth that alone.

mrsummit700

Reaction score
I ended up getting the twins with the digatron Pipes were a little beat and causing a lot of heat problems Removed them and returned to a single pipe.. Digatron being returned for repair

Last edited:
Top Bottom