So now what will we see?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
With the release of Polaris's new machine not being to exciting what do you think is in store for the new Doo models. I am almost sure we will see a 154 T3 package but other than that there is nothing more to do. Until the other manufactures do something extreme we are likely not going to see any drastic changes in the Doo line up. What are everyone's realistic thoughts?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the release of Polaris's new machine not being to exciting

What did you want? A bunch of dancers in ski-doo onesies? So the T3 was a game changer with a lightweight 174x3 track, and a lightweight silencer (minus the lightweight silencer and track bit), and yet this AXYS RMK with numerous improvements to the common gripes with the sled is not an improvement?

Drink on Doolaiders, drink on...

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
What did you want? A bunch of dancers in ski-doo onesies? So the T3 was a game changer with a lightweight 174x3 track, and a lightweight silencer (minus the lightweight silencer and track bit), and yet this AXYS RMK with numerous improvements to the common gripes with the sled is not an improvement?

Wow a little sensitive over having another year of pure disappointment from the sh!tty engineering department at Polaris. Maybe some dancers in some super gay suites maybe would have taken some pain away for you. I was actually hoping to see something drastic from Polaris this year but from what I can tell it's the same POS with a few refinements. At least when slidoo made a few simple refinements like the T3 it was already starting from something decent.

and on a side note I'm glad they scrapped the lightweight can. It was a completely different pipe also that my can from my 13 wasn't going to fit so by staying with the same exhaust I was able to put my 13 can on. Saved a few Bucks as I would have ripped the stock one off anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow a little sensitive over having another year of pure disappointment from the sh!tty engineering department at Polaris. Maybe some dancers in some super gay suites maybe would have taken some pain away for you. I was actually hoping to see something drastic from Polaris this year but from what I can tell it's the same POS with a few refinements. At least when slidoo made a few simple refinements like the T3 it was already starting from something decent.

and on a side note I'm glad they scrapped the lightweight can. It was a completely different pipe also that my can from my 13 wasn't going to fit so by staying with the same exhaust I was able to put my 13 can on. Saved a few Bucks as I would have ripped the stock one off anyway.

Personally I really think Polaris is moving in the right direction, big changes can bring numerous design issues that cause buyers issues and drive them to other brands, smaller but continuous improvement is what I personally would like to see. I would buy a new axys but if it was a completely new chassis I would want to make sure I rode one before buying. If people wanted a big track then maybe they will be disappointed, but that may still be coming, but that can be changed fairly easily, what's harder to modify is a heavy pig of a sled that handles like a dog due to poor chassis geometry and I think Polaris has that figured out. I'm thinking people won't see the full potential of these changes until they are out on the snow.

I'll also let you calculate the power to weight ratio of these new sleds, I think they are going to make the ETEC look weak.

Reactions: cs5

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I really think Polaris is moving in the right direction, big changes can bring numerous design issues that cause buyers issues and drive them to other brands, smaller but continuous improvement is what I personally would like to see. I would buy a new axys but if it was a completely new chassis I would want to make sure I rode one before buying. If people wanted a big track then maybe they will be disappointed, but that may still be coming, but that can be changed fairly easily, what's harder to modify is a heavy pig of a sled that handles like a dog due to poor chassis geometry and I think Polaris has that figured out. I'm thinking people won't see the full potential of these changes until they are out on the snow.

I'll also let you calculate the power to weight ratio of these new sleds, I think they are going to make the ETEC look weak.

for them to make the etec look weak, the first hurdle for polaris to get over is making it out of the dealership WITHOUT needing a fix kit to make run longer then 50 k

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
for them to make the etec look weak, the first hurdle for polaris to get over is making it out of the dealership WITHOUT needing a fix kit to make run longer then 50 k

Omg! You just LOVE to say "fix kit" dontcha? And, reading some of your other posts, it sounds like maybe your Etec could use a "fix kit".

Last edited:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for polaris the list of changes tweaks and improvements is enough.

As for ski doo i would like to see a massive weight savings. leave the motor alone, add a belt drive and narrow the sled so it dosent seem so fat.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg! You just LOVE to say "fix kit" dontcha? And, reading some of your other posts, it sounds like maybe your Etec could use a "fix kit".

from his post it may be a lurker....Long hair freak or one eye willy....

finndoo

Reaction score
I actually hope the new polaris climbs higher than my XM and runs like champ. That way it forces BRP to step up to the plate and build something even better, then in a few years when my 4 yr warranty runs out I can buy a better lighter more powerful product from BRP. We all win in the end from each manufacturer building a better product. If it wasn't the case I would still be riding my 1992 Mach one with plastic paddles thinking that I was as cool and unstoppable as Chuck Norris on Redbull.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was just a basic model was it not?? haven't seen the terrain dominator released yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was just a basic model was it not?? haven't seen the terrain dominator released yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just the entry level model, goes up from there. march 2nd is the complete line up.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everywhere I look online Polaris guys are saying they raised the bar for other brands. I merely think they just met the bat that was already set. Sure they are lighter and got a more powerful engine. About time they caught up to the brands for hp. Yes we know the power to weight ratio will be better. I believe with all BRP and Bombardiers technology in there jets that if they wanted a lighter sled they could make one. Why mess with a good thing. They are not over weight pigs but yes they are heavy. That better be the basic model or i'd be pissed. Especially if it only came in a 155" and a non powdercoated tunnel. I can see BRP coming out with a new engine. The dealer show is in vegas this year so I would bet it's something new and different yet again. No matter how much Polaris and skidoo argue with each other we can always agree on one thing. That Yamaha and Arctic-Cat are out of the race for best mountain sled!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm far from a Polaris guy, ok maybe more of a Polaris guy than a Cat guy, but how was the RMK release not exciting? An all new motor, an all new chassis, a bigger track, forged A-arms, sick looking rails, new gauges, etc. Who cares if they don't have a 174 or a 3", most guys have no business being on that much sled anyway. Most of the guys I know that are on T3's are old and like to toodle along slow without getting stuck. The Pro was a better chassis than the XM and now it's even better, it just doesn't have the big compensator track.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm far from a Polaris guy, ok maybe more of a Polaris guy than a Cat guy, but how was the RMK release not exciting? An all new motor, an all new chassis, a bigger track, forged A-arms, sick looking rails, new gauges, etc. Who cares if they don't have a 174 or a 3", most guys have no business being on that much sled anyway. Most of the guys I know that are on T3's are old and like to toodle along slow without getting stuck. The Pro was a better chassis than the XM and now it's even better, it just doesn't have the big compensator track.

Pro is a better chassis? That's debatable. Once I learned how to ride my xm I liked it way better than the pro and it wouldn't even have been close If I hadn't narrowed my pro. As far as the release I wasn't all that impressed. They just released the same thing as last year with a longer track. So not really an all new motor. That said I do think they are good improvements. Just not all that exciting. If they do come out with a 3 inch 163 in March and skidoo does nothing I will have a tough decision to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cats work fawking good and don't break down all the time. I herd from a good source 175 hp stock 2 stroke from Cat next season.

I think I'd be on a new Cat next season before a Polaris. Id like to take a new Polaris for a ride though, looks alright.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cats work fawking good and don't break down all the time. I herd from a good source 175 hp stock 2 stroke from Cat next season.

I think I'd be on a new Cat next season before a Polaris. Id like to take a new Polaris for a ride though, looks alright.

cats are a solid good working sled. too bad they brought a race sled into the mountain segment. There is nothing mountain specific about that sled and those a -arms are a side hilling disaster.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cats are a solid good working sled. too bad they brought a race sled into the mountain segment. There is nothing mountain specific about that sled and those a -arms are a side hilling disaster.

They side hill good, not as east as with a XM perhaps. But they do a lot of things well. They kind of handle like a Freeride I find.

They need a few Mods though. Ski's, Boards, Steering Post, 3inch track and a Turbo...haha

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They side hill good, not as east as with a XM perhaps. But they do a lot of things well. They kind of handle like a Freeride I find.

They need a few Mods though. Ski's, Boards, Steering Post, 3inch track and a Turbo...haha

Was riding with Tyler Blair on the weekend he's got a 153 with the cat 3" track. Ice age bomber rails and a 900 big bore. Ultimate freeride sled that thing moved along pretty good!

Top Bottom