So, is this B.S. or what>?

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep - it's real. I've seen it on a smaller scale where the printer literally goes back and forth building the shape out in 3D (the one I seen used a wax like substance).

If you want to refer to it as 3D printing there are also CNC machines that basically 'print' 3D objects. I've seen automobile manufacturers use this when making new designs. They'll create a 1:1 replica of a car out of modeling clay for example.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow iam thinking i need one wonder the price on that bad boy :d haha i would have every snap on tool made

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen a story on this before, where they use them to 'print' negative moulds for casting stuff.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen a story on this before, where they use them to 'print' negative moulds for casting stuff.

I read an article about how they are planning to build a very large scale 'printer' that would sit over a site and it would 'print' the walls for houses. I thought this sounded pretty cool. :) :beer:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just watched My Classic Car on speed and Jay Leno has one of these 3D printer builds all his car parts out of plastic to make mold for the metal one
even a plastic chain

Top Bottom