Snowpulse highmark avy bag vest

G-rad

Reaction score
How hot do you get while wearing the vest ? I run motorfist gear and love how it Vents and how warm I am while riding, so I don't really wanna mess that up. Does it prevent gear from venting ? What do you wear under your gear / vest to be comfortable riding ?

NWPOWDERBUM

Reaction score
I would like to know if the vest keeps jackets from venting too? I usually get pretty warm already.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the Snowpulse Life Bag, with the Horseshoe bag design previously, and last year I went to the Highmark Vest. I will not go back. The vest is so much more comfortable to wear, and because of the smaller size, it forces me to to carry less weight on me and take more stuff in my tunnel bag. No matter how big of a bag you bring you will always fill it.
Never had any issues with the zipper freezing. If I was really in a pinch to get my shovel out, I could probably manage to get it out of the pack while still wearing it.

I assume you ride a pro b/c of your display pic (but then again I am riding my old summit in mine lol). I was told by the local dealer to put the gas rack as close to the back seat as possible and only put a sandwich,tow rope, an extra shovel and maybe some snacks in your tunnel bag and the heavier/bulk of the stuff in your backpack and maybe handlebar bag. B/c our tunnels are restricted to less than 15lbs because of snow/ice build up.

Do you have tunnel reinforcements or something?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume you ride a pro b/c of your display pic (but then again I am riding my old summit in mine lol). I was told by the local dealer to put the gas rack as close to the back seat as possible and only put a sandwich,tow rope, an extra shovel and maybe some snacks in your tunnel bag and the heavier/bulk of the stuff in your backpack and maybe handlebar bag. B/c our tunnels are restricted to less than 15lbs because of snow/ice build up.

Do you have tunnel reinforcements or something?
It's just a couple gas cans and extra clothing that I keep on the tunnel. Cans are as close to the seat as possible. Def not more than 15 lbs.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's just a couple gas cans and extra clothing that I keep on the tunnel. Cans are as close to the seat as possible. Def not more than 15 lbs.
O okay, do you know if getting a VE short bumper or a skinz bumper would help with how much weight I can throw back there?

I am a little ocd when it comes to packing more stuff then i need "just in case"

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O okay, do you know if getting a VE short bumper or a skinz bumper would help with how much weight I can throw back there?

I am a little ocd when it comes to packing more stuff then i need "just in case"
VE may add some structure, but it Skinz won't. Don't think it is quite long enough.

Top Bottom