Snowpulse 09 pack, ideas?

avalanchesafety

Reaction score
Website
www.avalanchesafety.ca
Hey Guys,

Snowpulses are pretty much sold out for the season and the response has been fantastic. Thanks for all of the support from you and our dealers.

I am looking to gather information and constructive feedback from people using the pack this year so that it can be made even better next year. Snowpulse and myself are really keen on trying to get the best possible pack for sledding. I have my own feedback but am keen to see what you think.

So if you have ideas please bring them forward, especially if you are wearing one this year. What did you like, what do you think needs some improvement? Please keep this constructive and avoid the ABS vs Snowpulse thing. We just want to make the best pack possible for you.

And i know everyone wants them to be half the price.

snowzombie

Reaction score
I have only worn mine a couple times but so far so I am quite happy. I was concerned at first that the 15L pack would be limited for storage but I was suprised that I had room for more after I packed it with everything from my old pack.
Another concern was restricted head movement once my helmet was on with the airbag storage in the upper shoulder strap and neck area but once I was geared up it wasn't noticable. Overall I found that it fit niclely and was very comfortable.
The one thing I question is the design of the rip handle. Being in a slide on a steep slope a few years back has brought some doubt as to ones ability to locate and get a grip on the handle while being tumbled down a hill. I hope that in the time of need I would be able to grab the handle to activate the bag with an icy glove. I also do alot of tree riding and with the closed loop design I think it would be more likley to being accidently deployed by a branch hooking it.

snowzombie

Reaction score
thanks for the thought. Do you think a bobble (like a large fishing bob) would be easier?

I dont know what if anything would be better. I reached for it a couple of times just to kind of get familiar with it, which was good because where I ended up was too low, and couldn't seem too get a positive feel on it. I know you said you didn't want comparisons but I kind of like the T handle.
Hopefully I DON'T get to use this season and when I test fire it next fall I will do it with gear on as I would normally ride to see what its like to deploy.

Top Bottom