Snowmobiler falls in crevasse video

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem. I forgot what I did yesterday. Chit happens. Lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats an amazing video! That sled went from the low mark to the high mark for the day in minutes. Lol.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually a little surprised they could get that sled out. I would think it would have wedged in there pretty tight. I would not have been that calm at the bottom of that crevasse. Little clostrophobia would be kicking in.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got this off snowest. Says it was published April 4 2016. Can't be 10 years ago unless they had a prototype pro.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers, same show at Foster Creek as that rider went down 50 ish feet to land on rocks below, opening was about 200 ft' around with a 700 ft' spread across the bottom,,, cone shaped.

They roped him up, then later they winched the sled up the cut-back angle ice lip,,, second tag line used to roll sled peace by peace to get it to chunk past jagged edges.

Very lucky the fall did not do him in, much the same for this rider too.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cravase in my opinion is worse than Avalanche. And mayby it's because lack of knowledge more than anything. But sometimes when a cravass fills over with snow, it could be only inches thick, but the impression on the surface is a little whoop. Hell I have starYou never know how wide they are or how deep they are. Cracks can form in the oddest of areas. Many whom travel glaciers are never prepared for someone falling in. General most glaciers that are accessed are pretty far from any kind of search and rescue. I always advise the highest caution on a glacier with know cravase.

signedge

Reaction score
OMG that guy kept calm as heck. Great video. But that was a s Doo should have been able to start her up and drive right out. Bahaha. They sure had lots of gear for the situation to even get the guy up the ice wall. No glacier riding for this cowboy

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 8min in the video it really shows all the visible dangers that were ignored. Seems kind of ridiculous to sled so close to all that broken ice that was sticking out.

Last edited:

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers, same show at Foster Creek as that rider went down 50 ish feet to land on rocks below, opening was about 200 ft' around with a 700 ft' spread across the bottom,,, cone shaped.

They roped him up, then later they winched the sled up the cut-back angle ice lip,,, second tag line used to roll sled peace by peace to get it to chunk past jagged edges.

Very lucky the fall did not do him in, much the same for this rider too.

When was that? Often wonder how many guys have fallen on catamount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom