Snowmobile Warranty Options and Recommendations

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I been inquiring on my warranty for my 2023 Skidoo Turbo R as it will expire at the end of November. I have no issues with the sled and it has ran flawless but only has 750 km on it. The BRP factory warranty expires at the end of November and I must extend this prior to 30 days of expiry, either way with both BRP or the 3rd party coverage.

I inquired with the dealer here are costs as follows:
I have 2 options for extending the warranty either through BRP for 1 more year or up to 4 additional years through a 3rd party provider.

1 additional year through BRP B.E.S.T. Warranty would be $2235 + tax

3rd party coverage it will cover up to $10,000 in claims with a maximum coverage of $5000/ claim. With them the 2 years is $1981, 3years is $2190 and the 4 year plan is for $2367.

I also asked service how the aftermarket warranty was and they said: The warranty claim process going through the 3rd party provider can take longer because they aren’t able to see the internal diagnostic reports for the machine that are in the BRP database, unlike the BRP warranty department.

So I was going to add 4 years for $ 2367, or do I add the BRP Best warranty for $2235 for the next year to have great coverage then before expiry add the aftermarket 4 year afterwards. I'll probably have the sled for 3 more seasons.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would buy the aftermarket to save the extra cash especially if you are going to need to buy that warranty anyways to get the coverage you want Ron.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not really on a 4 year. That sled is 100% blowing up in a 4 year time span so your still getting 2500$ out of the deal

Ya maybe with a fight. I wouldnt even think about getting it for that deal.

But if It makes sense to rknight then, ok.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Whose the aftermarket warranties provider? Do they have a good name in the business?
Maybe talk to a shop that has dealt with them.
I did and they say there good however they take longer to process. So more wait time. I’ll post the name it’s a Canadian insurance company that underwrites the policy.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just do the 4 year aftermarket. To do BEST and then aftermarket, as you are suggesting, is nearly $5k which covers a lot of repairs IMO.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I inquired and was quoted $1550 for the additional year of BEST by the dealer owner. He explained to me he is doing it as a service to his customer and exactly what his cost is on it so he does make some profit on it as he should so $2235 plus tax seems a bit high. Still contemplating the BEST.

Was also told the failed engines they have been seeing are 99 percent of the time due to abuse. Improper warm ups and overheating. The four year option with max payout of 5000 per claim was also presented but without a price quote but for me, I will keep my money and ride on if I keep it beyond a third winter. If it blows well I guess I would just fix it and continue.

Last edited:

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am bewildered at the comments here as to why it’s “acceptable” that a person would just ride a turbo 2 stoke until it “blows up”…. Then requiring a complete engine.
So many questions…
How many kms is “acceptable”?
What is happening with the engine?
What is the recommended piston replacement interval from SD?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am bewildered at the comments here as to why it’s “acceptable” that a person would just ride a turbo 2 stoke until it “blows up”…. Then requiring a complete engine.
So many questions…
How many kms is “acceptable”?
What is happening with the engine?
What is the recommended piston replacement interval from SD?

5000km top end, 7500km bottom end.

what most are worried about is a catastrophic failure out of their control prematurely before a motor refresh would generally be required.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a serious note, considering how many people I hear buy extra warranty, anyone come out ahead after 3 or 4 years? I never buy extended warranty and I am wayyyy ahead of the game, but I guess I also don't ride 2000km per year either.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
On a serious note, considering how many people I hear buy extra warranty, anyone come out ahead after 3 or 4 years? I never buy extended warranty and I am wayyyy ahead of the game, but I guess I also don't ride 2000km per year either.

on my Polaris Ace (ATV) I did, and on my Dodge Diesel I did.

Top Bottom