Snowmobile Vocabulary.....

Reaction score
I always find that when there's a new hobby or area of interest, that the vocabulary can be hard to pick up, from the "experts". Reading these forums has introduced me to so many terms that I don't know the meaning of, it makes it hard to read some of the posts.

Things have changed immensely since I used to sled when I was a teenager. I am only just getting back in to it (two seasons ago) and still encounter plenty of terms I need to have defined.

Feel free to add to this list, or define the term for me if so inclined.

- Can?
- Boondocking / Boondocker?

I'm sure more will come to me as I see them in the threads. (or you can volunteer them)

Reaction score
I have another to add....

-Snow Check?

Thanks for the above responses.... it helps :)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My definition of

can = the "suitcase" down stream of the muffler.
boondocking = riding trees and not necessarily meadows
meadow muffin = riding meadows like ferniesnow and Maxwell (although in Maxwell's case his opinion is not the same as his critics)

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
theThing = a brand of can. It includes a fancy cooking pot for hot meals on the trail. Produced in Revy at the Sled Shed.

MBRP, TSS, HSP, GGB, SLP = other brands of cans ( I think I got them right).

Here's a couple of pictures of theThing:

IMG_2035.jpg IMG_2031.jpg

Reaction score
muffpot = cooker that goes on the muffler
Maxwell/Tteam/Snopro = doolaide distributors
Doolaide = when you are blindly brand biased to Ski Doo

Nice... lol. I do own Skidoos... however I'd have been happy with anything, and looked at all kinds..... There was no more of a consensus for snowmobiles than there is for Ford / Dodge / Chevy when talking about trucks...... they're all good.

Reaction score
theThing = a brand of can. It includes a fancy cooking pot for hot meals on the trail. Produced in Revy at the Sled Shed.

MBRP, TSS, HSP, GGB, SLP = other brands of cans ( I think I got them right).

Here's a couple of pictures of theThing:

Very Cool......... and it never tastes like gas/exhaust? We just bring snacks usually. (High energy snacks)...

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rainbow wedge=the greatest polaris hillclimber ever made
snail or hairdryer=another term for a turbo
yard sale=rolled sled and many parts flew off

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Very Cool......... and it never tastes like gas/exhaust? We just bring snacks usually. (High energy snacks)...

I was there with the snacks and cold sammiches and then..............the proverbial Muff-pot came into existence. Doo to the trouble taking off the hood on the new Doo's, I decided to use theThing.

Here is a little video and guaranteed there is no exhaust smell. The cooking can is separated from the exhaust. One is limited to one's imagination and creativity when preparing meals. 10 -20 minutes from frozen to steaming hot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_Wz6GujKU

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I was there with the snacks and cold sammiches and then..............the proverbial Muff-pot came into existence. Doo to the trouble taking off the hood on the new Doo's, I decided to use theThing.

Here is a little video and guaranteed there is no exhaust smell. The cooking can is separated from the exhaust. One is limited to one's imagination and creativity when preparing meals. 10 -20 minutes from frozen to steaming hot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_Wz6GujKU

Thanks alot! Now, I wanna sell my HPS and buy a Thing. :(

Top Bottom