Snowmobile trailer CSA

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here knows more about CSA standards than I do. My problem is I have a Charmac trailer with a factory furnace in it. I have a couple issues with it so I took it to a RV furnace expert and he checked into it. He called me this morning and is telling me the fresh air intake is not up to spec and also from the propane tank a hose comes inside, gets coupled to a copper line then back to a flex hose and into the furnace. He states that to meet CSA standards a propane line cannot have a connection inside the trailer besides the connection at the furnace itself. So do snowmobile trailers have to meet CSA standards like a normal RV trailer does?

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they do have to meet CSA standards. I am guessing these add on's were not done by the factory as they have to meet the CSA standards. If they were done at the factory I would be going back to the dealer who sold the trailer to you to get the work done for free.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Furnace came with the trailer right from the factory. Haven't touched a thing.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spoke with the dealer and the Charmac rep. They inform me they will do whatever it takes to correct the problem. Makes me wonder how many more are out there roaming around like this though.

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give this follow up from the phone calls throughout the day. Received a call from the factory in Idaho and they agreed the factory furnace setup does not meet CSA standards. The gas line has to be changed and the fresh air intake has to be changed for which they are more then happy to correct. This is for a 34,000BTU Atwood furnace. For those on here with the same Charmac setup you may want to look into this. I don't know if or when this could come back to bite someone in the ass but better safe then sorry. :dunno:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So glad to see our tax collectors at the border caught those. Should have been the first thing checked on the manifest a/o off their RIV sheets.

And to think they are armed now............. brilliant:rolleyes:

summit800hm

Reaction score
Hey guy's good call i am a dealer for sure-trac trailers and we install furnace's cabinets etc and i have seen other trailers with impropoper installations to bad one always has to look and ask questions yourself. Cheers!!

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for an enclosed. From what I've seen i'd watch the trailers coming from Indiana. That's where alot of the holiday trailers you see around here come from and they are built like garbage...I know I've got one!! Then these builders want to expand their market by building CR**P enclosed sled trailers. just my 2 cents.. From experience!!

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well like I stated the chances of it coming back to bite someone in the ass is slim but like I was advised, if the trailer ever did catch on fire and the insurance adjuster looked at it and saw the setup my insurance would be void. Just happy I hooked up with someone who was honest.

:thumbsup2:

Top Bottom