Snowmobile chat or skidoo section

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look at all the money that goes to quebec through equalization payments. Quebec doesn't want alberta oil pipeline. People are mad over this yet still buy a product from quebec, so who is the dumb one ?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look at all the money that goes to quebec through equalization payments. Quebec doesn't want alberta oil pipeline. People are mad over this yet still buy a product from quebec, so who is the dumb one ?

Aren't you French? Brp is not bombardier....you would rather your money go to Japan or Obama? Now that I type it out.....tough call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't you French? Brp is not bombardier....you would rather your money go to Japan or Obama? Now that I type it out.....tough call.

Not Quebec french, I was born in Alberta....and after all the fight against oil from Aberta and their willingness to use Arab oil I would question supporting them. I support Canadian products as much as possible but this is to much.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not Quebec french, I was born in Alberta....and after all the fight against oil from Aberta and their willingness to use Arab oil I would question supporting them. I support Canadian products as much as possible but this is to much.

High fives and apologies....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SkiDoo makes snowmobiles, right? This is the snowmobile chat section, correct?? So where is the problem:confused:

You do know it is possible to skip over threads you don't want to read? ..lol

Machomachoman

Reaction score
Soooo? Like this the new doo section?

OK. So you've made it past the first 24. This is the most critical time period for any anti establishment thread. Maybe the mods are out shredding on the new 2017's. Who knows. Anyways count it as a win. If the post makes it past the first 48, you 'll be a legend. Stay thirsty my friend,,,,,,,

Last edited:

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score
Brp is not bombardier....
This is a common misconception, especially on this forum. Although the companies are now separate, the same 8 members of the Bombardier family own controlling interest in both planes/trains and rec products.
http://www.bnn.ca/News/2015/10/19/B...y-holds-tight-as-companys-fortunes-shift.aspx
The family is a large financial supporter of the provincial gov't that lobbies hard against western Canadian interests and in return they get favourable treatment on environmental approvals for their cement company.
This is a family that has benefitted from numerous billion dollar bailouts by the federal government, and the indirect benefits that a grossly unfair equalization formula provides. These are all of our tax dollars. And the provincial gov't that they so strongly support continues to bash our industries and throw up roadblocks.
Here is another fact. 94% of Alberta's exports go to the USA. Quebec buys practically nothing from us. So why in the world would anyone from out here want to buy anything from them?
I rode Doo for many years but no more. Like Clode said, sending them an additional $15G of my hard earned money to get spit on is too much.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a common misconception, especially on this forum. Although the companies are now separate, the same 8 members of the Bombardier family own controlling interest in both planes/trains and rec products.
Bombardier
The family is a large financial supporter of the provincial gov't that lobbies hard against western Canadian interests and in return they get favourable treatment on environmental approvals for their cement company.
This is a family that has benefitted from numerous billion dollar bailouts by the federal government, and the indirect benefits that a grossly unfair equalization formula provides. These are all of our tax dollars. And the provincial gov't that they so strongly support continues to bash our industries and throw up roadblocks.
Here is another fact. 94% of Alberta's exports go to the USA. Quebec buys practically nothing from us. So why in the world would anyone from out here want to buy anything from them?
I rode Doo for many years but no more. Like Clode said, sending them an additional $15G of my hard earned money to get spit on is too much.
Question. What purpose would it serve for BRP to alienate the west? The west is full of BRP dealers selling there product to BRP customers. Back in the mid 90's, at the height of Quebec's big separation push and all the talk was to boycott Quebec products the collective management team and family had a meeting of all the workers at the factory in the local arena and explained to them that BRP was a CANADIAN company and did not support separation. Pierre Beaudoin explained to them that anyone that was in favor of separation could pick up there final pay cheques later that day. They would not put up with that type of thinking in their company. I have in all the years that I have been associated with BRP found any or heard any anti west sentiment with this company. A lot of BRP management spend holiday time in the west enjoying BC's mountains and lakes and Alberta's hospitality. Go ahead and Boycott them if you feel you need to. I'm sure they would be disappointed to hear this type of talk but really they won't miss you in the large scheme of things. JMHO.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bombardier
where in that link does it state the Bombardier family own controlling interest in BRP?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ownership in BRP;
Bain Capital - 50%
Bombardier family - 35%
I think that was the case in '03 when the rec division was separated from Bombardier. I don't think those are accurate numbers since the IPO in 2013. both Bain and Caisse de depot sold off a bunch of their shares. the dividend from the sales went to Bain and Caisse to the tune of $260+ million, the Beaudier group got none of that. so makes me wonder if they now have controlling interest in BRP or if those shares truly went to the public. if they retained their original shares they would have more than Bain Capital does now.

Top Bottom