Snowing

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The white fluff is coming down hard here in Sylvan Lake :beer: I always say, if its gunna be winter, lets have a ton of snow!!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoop Whoop! snowing in Kamloops, Clearwater, and Vavenby. I have a raging snow boner right now.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoop Whoop! snowing in Kamloops, Clearwater, and Vavenby. I have a raging snow boner right now.

that's like too much information haha

I grew up in Revy in the '80s when they used to get way more snow in town than now. No exaggeration I can recall 30" snowfalls overnight when the whole town would be just silent the next day, not just from (obviously) lack of vehicle traffic but the fresh snow dampened out the sound as well.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I grew up in Revy in the '80s when they used to get way more snow in town than now. No exaggeration I can recall 30" snowfalls overnight when the whole town would be just silent the next day, not just from (obviously) lack of vehicle traffic but the fresh snow dampened out the sound as well.
Prob a ton of "YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY NO SCHOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My Dad worked on the dam construction and said before the reservoir there used to be way more snow there.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Snowing in Cowtown, and going to take the sled for a put............

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No snow here yet. Supposed to hit tonight. Don't think we will get as much

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prob a ton of "YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY NO SCHOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely! Only thing is sometimes it would take half the day waiting till someone broke trail up to the ski hill. Didn't have a sled back then was always envious..

My Dad worked on the dam construction and said before the reservoir there used to be way more snow there.

Dunno how much was the reservoir and how much just overall climate cycle/change, but yeah could see the huge body of water having some impact. But really you'd think if anything it would throw more moisture in the air but would it affect the temperature? I'm assuming the fact they get more rain / less snow down low would be temperature related.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we get all the snow they're saying we are I think I'm gonna take the 'ol REV for a shakedown on monday. Gotta watch out for dem rocks though!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got at least 4 inches of fallen snow, and it is still snowing. Supposed to be around 10" by morning, opted out on the sleigh ride today. But I will be going out tomorrow :D

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like riding in the hills, but being able to go for a rip out the back door. Can be just as rewarding sometimes....

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roads should be snowy tomorrow; I'll have to get groceries good thing I've got Subaru all wheel drive to safely get me there and back. With 35/65 front/rear native torque split driver controlled center diff and studded Nokian Hakka 7's :evil:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Roads should be snowy tomorrow; I'll have to get groceries good thing I've got Subaru all wheel drive to safely get me there and back. With 35/65 front/rear native torque split driver controlled center diff and studded Nokian Hakka 7's :evil:
Cool.....

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^ yeah can't wait to try this STI in the snow, sold my WRX this summer. STI is a whole level above the WRX with the DCCD, helical front limited slip and clutch type rear LSD. WRX drives more like a front wheel drive car whereas the STI (04-05 especially) is quite rear biased.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no snow here ffs! seen a couple flakes before I left work. Id like to be plowing some snow tomorrow, along with some fields tonight.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as the road get plowed and are not more then 6" high lol. AWD is great but with the way Edmonton plows their roads and alleys I think ground clearance is important too!:beer:

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm definitely taking the sled out tomorrow if this keeps up! gotta head to edmonton in the morning first thing, roads should be interesting....

Top Bottom