Snowin'

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if this keeps up we might break the 3cm mark by the end of the week....one thing for sure, the groomer shouldn't be breaking through any beaver dams this year, after this week everything should be froze up real good. Been told that there's 4-6" south of Swan Hills(Judy Creek area).

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you do any ditch bangin out in Whitecourt Swan hills area yet, we need a couple of hours to test and tune before out first mountain trip.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Snowin' -HAPPY SLEDDER!

I was out riding here in calmar tonight and man do the carbides every make a shower of sparks as you ride out of town. Quite the light show. Plus there was a lot of dirt and grass kicked up as I went accross the fields (maybe it was straw). I also smelled burning plastic quite a lot after I was riding for a bit and my engine overheat light came on quite a few times.

Anyone one else having similar problems? I am wondering if maybe there is not enough of a base yet for local riding.

Any help would be appreciated. Hoping to go out again tomorrow after work.

Thanks.

(wipes tears)

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am told from my parents thats theres about 10 inches of snow at home, and theres still more just a bit north of us. I hear over a foot in many areas.... this is in Lac La Biche.... and theres still more snow in the forecast :D
I'm counting the days till my Christmas break.... 16 days and counting...

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Keep that low snow cruising up & you will get a KAABOOM :yikes: ... Melted hifax & a tight engine. Not to mention wore out carbides. I would wait for more snow.That's just a few things & my :twocents:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey 2003summit. What are you thinking??? It takes more than a inch of fluff to run a sled:nono: How long have you been snowmobiling??? IF you have to go out find a frozen lake with no dirt or asphault on it. Unload and go from snowspot to snowspot. Your sled needs snow for lubrication and for cooling.. Your not just joking are you?? Did you really do that??

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey 2003summit. What are you thinking??? It takes more than a inch of fluff to run a sled:nono: How long have you been snowmobiling??? IF you have to go out find a frozen lake with no dirt or asphault on it. Unload and go from snowspot to snowspot. Your sled needs snow for lubrication and for cooling.. Your not just joking are you?? Did you really do that??

I think he is just Joking..... Or riding some other ones sled !!!! :D laughing his face off ! :D

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need a good cold snap before we get any snow so the water holes are good and frozen. If we get to much snow first the lake take longer to freeze.

Hitchguy

Reaction score
I have a buddy thats in Athabaska hunting right now and he said there is about a foot of snow there and tons of tracks the snow starts at thorhild and gets better as u travel towards Athabaska

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Snowin' - Satisfied sledder....

You didn't think I was wiping the tears cause I was crying about the sled when I wrote that post did ya?

BAWHAHAHA

I'm so happy that a couple of you almost fell for that, that was pretty good, thank you. I must admit, the visuals of an eager sledded flying down the barely snow covered streets to get to the barley snow covered fields were both sufficiently detailed end appealing to read.

I have to stop now, I am having a hard time breathing because I have been laughing so much. It's also a bit hard to type from down here on the floor.

wheeew.

PS: I wonder I should delete *this* post and see if I can catch a few more in the morning? I have also been resisting the temptation to write about how the front part of my plastic skis got ground down a bit on the return trip back to the house and how the engine doesn't quite sound the same after the first run and is that normal during the 10 hour break in period on these new 2008 models --- but that might be just plain mean. Hope everyone else enjoy's this as much as I have.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score

You didn't think I was wiping the tears cause I was crying about the sled when I wrote that post did ya?

BAWHAHAHA

I'm so happy that a couple of you almost fell for that, that was pretty good, thank you. I must admit, the visuals of an eager sledded flying down the barely snow covered streets to get to the barley snow covered fields were both sufficiently detailed end appealing to read.

I have to stop now, I am having a hard time breathing because I have been laughing so much. It's also a bit hard to type from down here on the floor.

wheeew.

PS: I wonder I should delete *this* post and see if I can catch a few more in the morning? I have also been resisting the temptation to write about how the front part of my plastic skis got ground down a bit on the return trip back to the house and how the engine doesn't quite sound the same after the first run and is that normal during the 10 hour break in period on these new 2008 models --- but that might be just plain mean. Hope everyone else enjoy's this as much as I have.

Yup ! Ya just about got me on this one..... Made one reply then thought about it & had to repost..... Got to thinkin, There just can't be someone out there that dumb !!! :D Good one !

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

BAWHAHAHA

wheeew.

YOU ARE A SICK MAN, 2003 SUMMIT!!! --- YOU "MEANIE"......... LOL:D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score

BAWHAHAHA

wheeew.

LOL!,I was thinking I hope this guy never responds to I have a spot in my trailer!LOL! Good One!
catmando!

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowing alittle in Whitecourt but we still need a pile more. Heading to McBride on Thursday.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great post!! The sad thing is, I did belive him for a minute cuz i live just outside of lloydminster and the ditches are packed with sled tracks. We have about 5" or so and i seen acouple of guys at the Kitscoty gas station last saturday, one with a new nitro mtx and the other guy was riding an apex with some work done to it. I can understand a quick rip in the ditch but these boys were geared up and riding!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woo Hoo it's snowing, if this keeps up all day, I won't be able to see my lawn poking up through the snow.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you're hungover......:)
so freakin cold even the snowflakes have shrunk

Top Bottom