Snowest forum fees

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem I see (especially for Ron, in this case) is that if this forum went to a paid structure, it would now become a full time JOB for Ron, or whomever he hands the reins off to. We certainly wouldn't be hearing Dale talk about the site being broken. I don't think Ron, or any of the other mods have the time to make this site a full time job of updates, moderating, etc.

The sites broken? Really, never noticed

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man oh man . Lol
I am having a hard time trying to figure out why it doesn't cost a small fee for any Forum??
Everything costs this day and age and what is 10-20$ a year?
It's no different then trail grooming is it not ?
User pay?
Still need volunteers but why should the main folks running the show have to donate so much time ?
I will pay but site should work a bit better and folks should be able to speak about vendors good and bad ?
Keeping it in check to some degree which mods would do ?
My 2 cents

Nothing wrong with the site and it's never over moderated you can talk about your personal experiences good or bad, such as the skid plate thread.

Wait?

That one got modded, so 1 out of 2 ain't that bad.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but if all of the forums charged to maintain their sites then I'd say that's the cost of doing business and I would pay. When most forums don't charge a fee then I see a problem and I can find the information / entertainment I need somewhere else. I won't compare forums to magazine because I find 99% of magazines offer very little anymore, especially sled magazines. Mountain Sledder is the exception and some guitar mags.
It's not a huge expense but if I had to pay for every forum I visit then it could become enough of an expense that I would pick and choose which forums I like. Kinda like what I did when I left SW.
When I had my 900, SW was an amazing resource as a few members there became more knowledgeable than polaris techs. It's probably why I got 8k out of that sled.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not allowed to talk about broken sites, moderation squad gets worked up

The MoD SQuaD

mod squad.png

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the SW guys with good info also post on other sites so not hard to find good info. SW does have the odd good thread not found elsewhere, especially when it comes to mountain specific stuff. Have not found a need to pay yet.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When SW went paid I posted on their site why I wouldn't pay for info that I and others were providing free to them. One of the mods went ballistic. Been back only once or twice since. Christopher is an idiot.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was why I left Slowest......well, that and Christophers arrogance. Haven't been back there in years.

Thats one of my biggest problems with snowest. I cant stand that Christopher doofus. The guy is a complete knob. I find that site has gone downhill alot lately. Skidoo section is pretty slow over there compared to how it used to be.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, the doo section has died off... Doo talk and our site have picked up what they lost..... :) ...... And not to ever say anything bad, but the time Christopher posted about getting stuck on the trail in 2 ft pow on a turbo sled so he gave up and walked back? That was ridiculous and reinforced suspicions..... :) ..... Jus sayin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was one funny read....phistopher stuck on the trail waiting for search and rescue ...lmfao! ....idiot!

fawk snowest!

why should anyone pay for information that was shared for free?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hahaha, that's right.... I forgot he involved search and rescue and he was still on the trail. That was such a strange, but so funny a story

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a paid member on snowest have been for 10 years, well worth the few dollars per year costs, the same price as lunch at McDonald's for two to pay a year membership, site has 20x the active members of this site and has been a great resource for technical information.

Top Bottom