Snowcheck questions

radar09

Reaction score
I presently own a 2001 RMK 800 and am upgrading this year to a Pro 800 155. I have never snowchecked before and wonder what the process is like? How much down do I put? When I should expect delivery?
I also want to use a dealer that will help me set up my machine to run the best. I live near Grande Prairie and am not sure if Country Side is the best for knowledge. Does anyone have advise or an opinion for me?

Thanks

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a pretty easy process. basically no harder then buy a sled without snowchecking. couple more descisions to make regarding accessories and options. usually you just put a $500.00 deposit. delivery is usually sometime before november 1.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Do not put more than $500 on snowcheck. If delivery date is late, accesorieas are not available, etc. you only lose 5 bills.....

I have usually been pretty satisfied, but my 07 rev was a gong show.

Don,t get me wrong, but when you snow check the warranty starts on your pickup date.....

I will only buy off the showroom floor to ensure my warranty starts when i want to ride....

You do not save much on a snowcheck....Dealers are getting more hungry with the price off sled increases....

OKAY LET THE BASHING BEGIN! I Have big shoulders..... Well big boobs!

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not put more than $500 on snowcheck. If delivery date is late, accesorieas are not available, etc. you only lose 5 bills.....

Don,t get me wrong, but when you snow check the warranty starts on your pickup date.....

I will only buy off the showroom floor to ensure my warranty starts when i want to ride....

You do not save much on a snowcheck....Dealers are getting more hungry with the price off sled increases....

If I remember right years ago when you snowchecked a sled your warranty date started at the end of Dec or the first of Jan as kind of an extra incentive which was kind of nice. I totally agree that having it start on the pick up date is a kick in the ass. That being said I still think it's worth snowchecking if you are serious about it. We used to get a little name plate for the sled when you checked it, I miss that too. ;) I am speaking only of Polaris as I have never snowchecked any other brand.

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You don't loose anything if delivery is late, so starting with accurate info would be a help.
The biggest thing with the snowcheck is your choice of warranty a/o accessories. You pick a 2yr of 4 yr. With the 2yr, you'll get $8-$1200 in accessories, depending on the program, and if you go with the 4yr, no bling.

You also get to choose a snowcheck colour for the sled, something that won't be avail on the showroom models.
This years Pro's were silver and black and the stock Pro for the showroom was Red/Black

Top Bottom