Snowblower for ATV

Harley Rider

Reaction score
Has anyone seen one working or have any knowledge of how well an ATV mounted snowblower works. We are in southern B.C., have a long mountain drive and get lots of snow, at times heavy and wet. I have a tractor with a loader mounted blade but it is slow and have to keep pushing the snow back taking more time. A blower might be the ticket but a rear mounted on the tractor gives me more pain in the neck just thinking of it than I care to endure. I am trying to find a way to use machines I already have rather than buy another just to put a blower on. No one in this area seems to know anything about them. Thanks.

H.C.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen one working or have any knowledge of how well an ATV mounted snowblower works. We are in southern B.C., have a long mountain drive and get lots of snow, at times heavy and wet. I have a tractor with a loader mounted blade but it is slow and have to keep pushing the snow back taking more time. A blower might be the ticket but a rear mounted on the tractor gives me more pain in the neck just thinking of it than I care to endure. I am trying to find a way to use machines I already have rather than buy another just to put a blower on. No one in this area seems to know anything about them. Thanks.

You will still want to plow the center of the road and push all the snow to the sides then use the blower to clean up the sides.
It works really well but it is not as fast as plowing so the more plowing you can do the better off you will be.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Es-ZdXEb3Y&feature=related[/media]

Harley Rider

Reaction score

Harley Rider

Reaction score
How big of an area do you clear and what type of surface, is it level or hill? Do you chain up? Do you think a smaller machine could handle a blower? My biggest is a 450 and I have 1/2 mile of mountain road with a couple of fairly steep spots. Also what make of blower do you have? I appologize for the interogation but info on these units out here is nil so to hear from someone who actually uses one is a big bonus. No one has even seen one in this area. Even tractor mounted units are rare. Thanks for your help.

Deeter

Reaction score
Mine is a gravel driveway with a slight incline. I do not require chains.

I think a 450 is probably too small for the size of driveway that you are talking about. All the more reason to upgrade eh ???:d

I'll get back to you on the make as I'm at work right now.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harley Rider ... you know those ATV snowblowers have their own motor, right ?? ... they also carry their own weight ... so I'm not sure why your 450 wouldn't be able to handle the job.

I believe, if you got a blower, it would depend more on the hp of the blower motor (you can get one as small as 13hp & as large as 23 hp) .... depth & condition of snow.

Check out this link & watch some of the video. The site Mongrol mentioned is also an excellent place to explore.
ATV Snowblower - Snowblower for an ATV

Later ....

Harley Rider

Reaction score
Jims makes some big claims of what these machines will do but being a natural skeptic I question some of those claims. Hence looking for people who actually use these things. One of my concerns is pushing a 500lb ( weight according to the manufacturer web site) blower up an icy road with my small quad. Also the amount of area I need to clear. It may be asking too much of a small machine.I`m weighing options including trying to find a blower possibly hydraulic driven to mount on the quick mount of my industrial tractor.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey snow blower might be a good ideal then i can blaze a trail anywear i wana go in the winter time ....... If your running that blower on a honda i would be a little conserined about the blower puttin out more hp then the quad and pushin you backwards when your trying to go forwards...

Top Bottom