snowbike engine life?

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
carbo daddy lets see some pics of the 500,how much $ ? I really want to try one of these bad ,whats it cost to rent for the day?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
How long had you rode a sled for?

30 plus years.. ??

Still don't see how sledding could get boring. Wrong sleds? Just didn't push your personal limits? Just trying to understand is all.
I want to know how long he's had a dirtbike rather than a sled. I'm 42 and don't remember a yr I haven't had a dirtbike since 8 years old. I started "mountain" sledding in 2004 on a rev. It gets me through the winters and I love it. But if I could get some of the wow factor from my dirtbike out of a snowbike. Then I'm in. Not that sledding is boring but an accomplished dirtbiker has serious FUN.
I think if you've never had experience on a dirtbike maybe a snowbike might not be a good choice.

carbondaddy

Reaction score
I don't rent, but can let you demo one. You can rent one at the Glacier House in Revy. The Cr is 9750.00. It's a 520cc, ported, head work, 39.5 carb, pipe, rekluse clutch, intelajet, etc. c/w 2014 ST track kit. Best performance for the dollar
cr500001.jpg

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty rad,u perfer the 4 stroke over the 2 smoker? I gotta take u up on that offer for sure. What style boots are you guys using?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
that right there is fawking cool.... How difficult would it be for someone who doesn't bike to get used to one of these.... lets face it it's not like I'm any good on a sled anyhow, either way I'd have to learn

Reaction score
I think some one should make a real snow bike with a proper mid size motor, 583cc twin two stoke, with sled clutching, bat heater and electric start, it would be a blast and I bet cheaper than the current snow bikes and proper engine cooling system... What we have now is a bandaid solution to a good running proper kit

Working on it with a few of my friends. Need to get into the 90+hp range.

Got one working pretty good now. Plans for a bigger one soon.

Sledding does get boring. I've rode 20-40 days a year in the mtns for over 5 years. Bikes make it way more fun. You look at it all different.

Bike engines you gotta worry about dirt. That's the biggest issue. On a sledbike I think the engines should last longer. As long as you aren't too lean and melt something.

Top Bottom