snow tires

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll actually do any enforcement on Christmas time city cars doing 40 through Rogers pass?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a good winter tire !!! I would be pretty pissed if someone sold me this as a winter tire because it said M+S. This is more like what I was trying to say.

Attachments

• tire-ltx-m-s2-hero.jpg
    tire-ltx-m-s2-hero.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 248

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run these tires in winter, would rather be beside someone with these on ice rather then the guys with trail/mud grapplers.

Not a good winter tire !!! I would be pretty pissed if someone sold me this as a winter tire because it said M+S. This is more like what I was trying to say.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MY buddy got a $ 750.00 ticket for having Toyo MT'S pulling his trailer last winter.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love gettin passed be the crew cab short box with 8" lift on 38" MUD TERRAINS and two 174" sleds on the deck, with HID head and fog lights.

MY buddy got a $ 750.00 ticket for having Toyo MT'S pulling his trailer last winter.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other reason for the m&s or mountain snowflake is your insurance can and probably will null and void your insurance if your in an accident in the designated areas and do not have the proper tires on. This is what I have been told by an icbc rep. Whether it's true or not I don't know. I just run proper tires due to im always on the road and like to be safe.

They won't void your insurance. Go to the link below and look to the right side of the page where it says "Did You Know..."
About Winter Tires - Winter Tires and Chains

Last edited:

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They won't void your warranty. Go to the link below and look to the right side of the page where it says "Did You Know..."

Not talking about warranty. Talking about insurance being voided for not following traffic and Safty laws. Like I said was told it from an ICBC rep. Never followed up with it as I said. I put between 5-7000 or more km in a month so I run good tires.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not talking about warranty. Talking about insurance being voided for not following traffic and Safty laws. Like I said was told it from an ICBC rep. Never followed up with it as I said. I put between 5-7000 or more km in a month so I run good tires.

click the linky provided....

exchange warranty for insurance in his post....

• Thanks
Reactions: zal

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry Bud, I meant to write insurance. Not sure why warranty came up.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run these tires in winter, would rather be beside someone with these on ice rather then the guys with trail/mud grapplers.
Mud tires are like hockey pucks on ice

No matter what any one says, they are a hard compound tire and not soft like snow tire

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They won't void your insurance. Go to the link below and look to the right side of the page where it says "Did You Know..."

This is exactly the info I am going by. I also contacted ICBC and was told the same thing.

Very hard to find a severe snow rated tire in a flotation size unless it's a Duratrac. And I'm not a fan of them. Other than that the BF Goodrich KO TA 2's that will be available in larger sizes but probably not this year. Same with the Toyo CT's. I can't remember the other winter severe service tires I checked out in a minimum 37" size but not many exist.

I ended up with a siped 37" Mickey Thompson ATZ P3.

But keep in mind if things go south, you may have to prove your tires weren't at fault. So don't overdrive your rubber or road conditions.

Top Bottom