snow in crowsnest?

Albert 800

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has been to window mountain in the crowsnest latley and can you still get to the notch from the tin shack on the pipeline[/ ALB]

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silly question... but has anybody got any updated info?

I was contemplating dual sporting down there in coming weeks and curious how those mountains look for snow. Of course I'm looking for no snow, but the mountains look pretty white around here!

Thanks,
Q

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has been to window mountain in the crowsnest latley and can you still get to the notch from the tin shack on the pipeline[/ ALB]

I don't know about the tin shacks but Coal Creek out of Fernie still has snow. Drive to the snow line and there should be snow all the way to the pipeline.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Corbin as of last weekend had only 5-6km of gravel on the road then snow from there. I heard 10' still up in raingauge. Suposedly the profesionals whomever they are, are saying that the snow pack will still be in the high country when the new snow begins to fly.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Corbin as of last weekend had only 5-6km of gravel on the road then snow from there. I heard 10' still up in raingauge. Suposedly the profesionals whomever they are, are saying that the snow pack will still be in the high country when the new snow begins to fly.

i believe it was in Banff on the weekend and they got fresh on top both sat and sunday night. had a buddy went up on the gondola on sat afternoon said it was snowing all afternoon up there.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here's some fresh on July 1st.....not much but it is still falling.....

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 671

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie snow... Buddy is it still slim on the snow out there. the crowsnest threads are looking real quiet right now

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about now Doug - anything to report on?? (And don't try to keep it all to yourself, we'll catch on to you sooner or later!!)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How about now Doug - anything to report on?? (And don't try to keep it all to yourself, we'll catch on to you sooner or later!!)

At this time all I can report on is the snow on the highway; packed and loaded with sand!

Drove home last night from Lethbridge and there is snow on the ground and as usual it gets skinny the further east. I have heard there is 3' on the pipeline but that is maybe
3rd or 4th hand. I am at an avi seminar in Sparwood tonight and will get some more info.

Be patient grasshopper!!!!!!!!!

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks FS!! Eagerly awaiting for the green light!!

(atcually tossing around the idea of coming down tomorrow as we know that Golden is going to be a gong show.)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks FS!! Eagerly awaiting for the green light!!

(atcually tossing around the idea of coming down tomorrow as we know that Golden is going to be a gong show.)

I'm not sure about south of Highway #3 but all we can manage in Elkford is a skinny road ride and we have more snow in town than Sparwood and Fernie.

Top Bottom