Snow in Corbin

catman

Reaction score
we are heading up to crowsnest and was wondering if there is any fresh on the pipeline or townsite, Would appreciate any info. thanks

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New Snow

We rode Corbin today, up the pipeline and powerline (yellowgates staging area). There was about 4" new snow this morning, and was lightly snowing this evening.

tekim

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm headed out that way tomorrow; I'm going to try and ride Corbin to Wranglers cabin. I'll post what I know then...

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a long rough ride to Wranglers cabin. I started at the parking lot of Corbin Road and headed to Wrangler over Coal Creek pass. The power line and pipeline were smooth and fast but the road over Coal Creek was steady moguls until I got to the trail groomed by the Fernie Club - it had just been groomed. There must be a better way of getting there...

Not a pile of snow around Wranglers. I managed to find a north facing slope near the notch that had some pow on it to beat.

I heard good reports for snow for some of the bowls around Corbin. I tried a clear cut near where I launched and hit a stump. That was the end of my bowl riding near Corbin.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any more snow?

I'm headed to Corbin on Sunday. Anyone now if they have received any snow in the past week?

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
corbin

Its been snowing farely consitently each day. Look at the Castle Mountain resort sight. it is one of the best references because it is literally on the other side of the divide from Corbin. They have had about 50 cm mid mountain in the last few days. I want ot head out this weekend likely both days. I will let you know how the snow is!

rosey

Reaction score
rode the powerline on sat the 6th and the snow was incredible. 1st ones in and the snow just got deeper and deeper. best riding i've ever had out their it was awesome. we were going to try alexander on sunday but couldn't get one of the sleds to run so we just came home. a lot of snow coming down when we were their and that was at 8:30 in the morning so i assume that there was another pretty good dump of snow.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pipeline

Headed in to Morrisey, wranglers cabin, pipeline on Saturday and Sunday. About 18 inches of fresh on Saturday and another 10-12 inches up top came Sunday morning. Had a great trip..can't wait for next weekend. Many stuck sleds...

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I was out Sunday and had a great time. I'm headed out again this Friday!

Top Bottom