Snow Hunting

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm grabbing a coffee and heading out snow hunting early tomorrow morning. I would appreciate news of any snow sightings within 2-3 hours of Lloydminster. So far I think I'm heading NW towards smoky lake. Any information positive or negative would be much appreciated as I think this is my last chance this season.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did your hunt go? I think a guy has to head south toward regina but if your going that far you might as well head out west to rocky or lodge poll.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did your hunt go? I think a guy has to head south toward regina but if your going that far you might as well head out west to rocky or lodge poll.

Put on 400 kms (on the truck that is). Finally got frustrated and threw the sled off at Meadow lake. Rode the Trans canada trail to Chitek Lake. Nice ride except for the mud. The best snow I saw all day was right by you (the ditches and fields between Kitscoty and Marwayne). Think I'll head toward Viking or Wainwright tomorrow. Unless someone advises against it.:nono:

killerrf

Reaction score
Put on 400 kms (on the truck that is). Finally got frustrated and threw the sled off at Meadow lake. Rode the Trans canada trail to Chitek Lake. Nice ride except for the mud. The best snow I saw all day was right by you (the ditches and fields between Kitscoty and Marwayne). Think I'll head toward Viking or Wainwright tomorrow. Unless someone advises against it.:nono:

i think you should head east towards good spirit... another guy posted a few pics from the good spirit area on the HCS forum under sask. looks like there is nut deep snow.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think you should head east towards good spirit... another guy posted a few pics from the good spirit area on the HCS forum under sask. looks like there is nut deep snow.

Ya theres lots of snow east of saskatoon, but I was hoping for day trip proximity...inside 200km. I only have one more day off. Maybe I'll just write this winter off and get the Busa ready to go tomorrow.

Top Bottom