Snow Hunting

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm grabbing a coffee and heading out snow hunting early tomorrow morning. I would appreciate news of any snow sightings within 2-3 hours of Lloydminster. So far I think I'm heading NW towards smoky lake. Any information positive or negative would be much appreciated as I think this is my last chance this season. Anyone interested in joining me? I'd hate to get lost alone in the wilderness.:)

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow map shows decent coverage in the Wainright and North Battleford areas...c'mon guys, help me out here!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done the Edmonton, Calgary, Swift Current, Battleford, Loydminister loop about three times in the last three weeks. All areas are about 6-12" no matter where you go. Might be more in the trees in some spots but there is about only half the normal snow. Sorry :(:(:(

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put 400km on today (on the truck, looking for snow), finally dumped the sled off in a ditch by Meadow lake and rode the Trans Canada Trail to Chitek Lake. Would have been a great ride if not for all the mud. :eek: Thanks for the reply snochuk Think I'll try the Wianwright/Viking area tomorrow...unless somebody advises against it. If you're thinking of checking out the Bronson forest, don't bother unless you take the quad. The Bronson has never let me down before.:(

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go to the mountains, only another 400KM and I bet you find snow.

Top Bottom