Snow gear for women

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To remove the insulation on my Klim gear:

Seam-rip along the left-hand side (about an inch inside of the zipper).
Pull the jacket inside out.
Cut out the insulation leaving just a small strip by the seams.
Be careful around the inside pocket... I accidentaly cut mine out and had to sew it back in.
Turn ride-side out and stitch the seam back up. Looks like factory :)

The only problem I still have is that I run hot and I still sweat in my jacket. The liner doesn't dry out that well, nor do the little glove-sleeves. Once I'm wet it gets cold fast once I stop moving. My old North Face jacket had no liner, and it kept me dry all day. I also wish they had some kind of mesh in the vents to keep snow from coming in.

I have the Klim Freeride pants too. I like the material, but NOT the fit! The legs are too short, the waist is too high, the ass is too flat, and when I sit down they dig into my ribs and the crotch poofs out. Not meant for girls LOL.

I wear a poly-propolene base layer with Klim Sundance jacket or fleece if it's a really cold day. They dry really well when I get wet from sweat.

I have the HMK stuff on order. Can't wait to see how my but looks in the pants :p

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will call and talk to the people i know at klim and tell them that they should make a just shell for all you ladies out there that want them. Maybe i'll see if i cant get an email addy for all to send a note to telling them to quit droppin the ball cause there are some serious women riders out there who want the same good gear as the guys but built for women.

that would be great! when you get the info let me know i have some ideas being a seamstress and tall i have been making or modifying my clothing since i was 14 so i sure do have some suggestions. thanks for all you info on this matter as well! i hope to meet you in Jan as well!:d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that would be great! when you get the info let me know i have some ideas being a seamstress and tall i have been making or modifying my clothing since i was 14 so i sure do have some suggestions. thanks for all you info on this matter as well! i hope to meet you in Jan as well!:d

You bet i will keep all posted. Really hopin to get to meet you in Jan, i always like meetin new people especially S&M members..

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To remove the insulation on my Klim gear:

Seam-rip along the left-hand side (about an inch inside of the zipper).
Pull the jacket inside out.
Cut out the insulation leaving just a small strip by the seams.
Be careful around the inside pocket... I accidentaly cut mine out and had to sew it back in.
Turn ride-side out and stitch the seam back up. Looks like factory :)

The only problem I still have is that I run hot and I still sweat in my jacket. The liner doesn't dry out that well, nor do the little glove-sleeves. Once I'm wet it gets cold fast once I stop moving. My old North Face jacket had no liner, and it kept me dry all day. I also wish they had some kind of mesh in the vents to keep snow from coming in.

I have the Klim Freeride pants too. I like the material, but NOT the fit! The legs are too short, the waist is too high, the ass is too flat, and when I sit down they dig into my ribs and the crotch poofs out. Not meant for girls LOL.

I wear a poly-propolene base layer with Klim Sundance jacket or fleece if it's a really cold day. They dry really well when I get wet from sweat.

I have the HMK stuff on order. Can't wait to see how my but looks in the pants :p

Thanks so much for the info powderpilot.....I definitely will try that this winter as I do have the Sundance jacket to layer with. I also find now that I wear the 661 Coresaver that I heat up even more.....I will have to look at the HMK stuff, I wonder if it holds up like Klim? Will be waiting for the reviews!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info powderpilot.....I definitely will try that this winter as I do have the Sundance jacket to layer with. I also find now that I wear the 661 Coresaver that I heat up even more.....I will have to look at the HMK stuff, I wonder if it holds up like Klim? Will be waiting for the reviews!!

where did you get your 661 core saver snoqueen? Looking for one

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey MOMMA!! I got it on Ebay for $60, about a month ago....I haven't seen any since for that price but you can check every once in awhile. I like the Coresaver but I find it kind of rides up and have to readjust every once in awhile.....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey MOMMA!! I got it on Ebay for $60, about a month ago....I haven't seen any since for that price but you can check every once in awhile. I like the Coresaver but I find it kind of rides up and have to readjust every once in awhile.....

Nice Snoqueen!!! I've been watching ebay.... fingers crossed... most are for around 113us right now..

Let me know if you see something!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Got mine from T&T powersports. It is a youth large and it fits awesome. I did have to drop a layer of clothing though- very warm...

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with the Klim tech vest (from T&T...:d) and just the Preditor shell from HMK and at -15 out I still sweat like crazy mountain riding!!! I couldn't imagine riding anymore with an insulated jacket...OMG I would die of overheating also!!

I where just a long sleeve underarmor shirt and then a t-shirt over that...any colder out I through on a thin middle layer and I am good to go...

Yes Emily...the new fit for the mens HMK pants are amazing I love mine too!!!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting non-insulated ladies gear from Klim? They only have one jacket and one pant for women and they are definitely insulated. I have the jacket and removed the stuffing in mine.

Please post a link :)

TIA

There is some insulation in the ladies gear.I have bought Nursepwdr a mens coat and that is what she wears now...the ladies coat was too binding with the tek vest, etc..they dont make alot of selection for ladies that dont ride the trail...good gear though..

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
random post about the corsavers... i'm WAY tired of my 661 riding up and not fitting right so i'm offing it to a shorter GF of mine... I'm going to give a try to the EVS revo 4 roost guard... ask me in a few weeks how i like it if any of you ladies are in the market for chest protectors and want some feedback... I'm thinking i will like hte lack of elastic waist since that's what 'pushed' the coresaver up for me -or rather what kept it from falling back down when i would pull it up with general riding motions... anyway, we'll see what I think...

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should also mention that the Allure jacket fits way huge with the added insulation removed. I should have ordered an XS.... 5'5" 125 Lbs.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
random post about the corsavers... i'm WAY tired of my 661 riding up and not fitting right so i'm offing it to a shorter GF of mine... I'm going to give a try to the EVS revo 4 roost guard... ask me in a few weeks how i like it if any of you ladies are in the market for chest protectors and want some feedback... I'm thinking i will like hte lack of elastic waist since that's what 'pushed' the coresaver up for me -or rather what kept it from falling back down when i would pull it up with general riding motions... anyway, we'll see what I think...

Yeah, I know where you're coming from with the 661 riding up. I find after riding hard for a bit the thing is riding up and the "kidney belt" that is supposed to stay put feels like it's cutting my circulation off!! Grrrrrrrr......I think I might trade with my son for the next ride, he's got a Thor Quadrant chest protector that I can wear over my coat. I'll see what it's like to ride with. I know I've heard on some other forums that the hard plastic chest protectors are strictly roost guards and not actually going to offer any protection.....but comparing the 661 to the Thor I think the Thor has much more protection.....any thoughts on this??:confused:

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned before...I have a Klim tech vest and love it to pieces!!! It has never ridden up on me...it is light weight...and best of all it has already proven very effective!!!! It is not bulky at all, it moves and twists with me and is all in all extremely comfortable...fits under everything...

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I bought a 661 assualt protector. I can't stand it. First day wearing it, I didn't even make it out of the staging area before I took it off. I will probably be looking to purchase a Klim one now. Least I didn't spend that much money on the 661 (less than $80). The kidney belt just kept pushing the whole thing up and the spine protection was digging into the back of the head. I think it would work for someone who is very tall through the back.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did an avalanche course over the weekend, and they informed us that they had some issues with magnets interfering with the beacon signals. The person that was being found had magnet closures on their jacket and the signal kept locating them 50' away from their actual location.

I will be removing the magnets on my HMK gear, just to be safe.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did an avalanche course over the weekend, and they informed us that they had some issues with magnets interfering with the beacon signals. The person that was being found had magnet closures on their jacket and the signal kept locating them 50' away from their actual location.

I will be removing the magnets on my HMK gear, just to be safe.

Yikes! That is scary. Thanks for the heads up Amy :)

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wear guys snowboard pants (special blend) cause i need the length & like waist cut off instead of suspenders. There not the best when it gets real cold but i layer up when it comes to those days (-25 ish or colder).. i had them from snowboarding so figured use them instead of buying new gear, as snowboarding hit backburner to sledding

Have the womens klim allure jacket, and like others have said its a bit plain, but the black is good for grease, dirt, food stains, or whatever you run into. it gets hot for sure, but i layer light, like a t-shirt and the thin klim zip up. I can cool off quick though so I like the insulation.

Also wear snowboard boots, tried the klim boots and hated them. felt narrow, and feet froze!! iv heard if you have them 1/2-1 size bigger than normal they work better, or if you use klim socks, but never got that far. gave em to my mom n she loves them (boots bit big for her, and dad uses klim socks to like his).. so have thirty-two snowboard boots, and love em. great ankle support, warm, stay dry - just dry em out at night, comfortable beyond all else

never worn a chest protector or core-saver.. so i cannot add any thought on that stuff, but thanks for all the input from other ladies!.. I need to look into knee-pads, as i bashed my knees hard last weekend and my knees are bad enough as it is :s

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Val wears the skidoo pants ............. one thing she really likes is the ability to unzip rather than undress when she needs to go to the washroom. They doo have a good ladies product as well. :beer::beer:

Top Bottom