Snow gear for women

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what would be an all around womens winter gear..(Pants, Coat)

XMas is comin fast, i need help..........LADIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Snow Gear for women,

well there are many factors mostly how tall she is...if she is tall like me 5'11" if makes it harder.
i have 2 jackets i love one is a longer jacket made by cold wave - Ladies Jackets , it comes in many colors. the next one is fxr

as for pants i buy mens for the length and there are snow boarding pants from costco for $36.00 cant go wrong but they go fast.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ahhh Corissa.....sounds all so familiar!! I am 6 ft. So hard to find stuff!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I wear motorfist stuff. It's not specifically "ladies" wear right now, but fits nice. I have long arms and legs, which is one of the reasons I like fist stuff.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Re: Snow Gear for women...............

snow shovel.jpg

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Any of you ladies tried the KLIM womens gear?

no i have not just going based on the charts i need at least a 34" inseam on the pants! need another 2" in the arms on most coats. the FXR one i have i added an extra soft cuff to it...yes it helps i can sew. but it would be nice to one day buy off the rack but i cant see that happening.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ooooo Bogger made a funny :paddle:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

no i have not just going based on the charts i need at least a 34" inseam on the pants! need another 2" in the arms on most coats. the FXR one i have i added an extra soft cuff to it...yes it helps i can sew. but it would be nice to one day buy off the rack but i cant see that happening.

The nice thing with klim is they also make a tall version of all there pants and the womens large has a 34" inseam. And the large jacket has a 29" arm.

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The nice thing with klim is they also make a tall version of all there pants and the womens large has a 34" inseam. And the large jacket has a 29" arm.

They only have tall for large people. I am an XS/S and I have a 37" inseam. Buying sledding gear is almost as depressing as trying on bathing suits. :(

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I belive the klim women's gear is ALL insulated... makes it a no go in my book! I wear HMK... haven't bought women's gear EVER, doesn't come close to fitting me... FYI, my larger lady friends... I found some of the BEST shoes at a website that i realized was a cross dresser website!! hahahahhaha.

Anyway, trust me, there are some of us taller ladies who are working out tails off o get LONGS offered in women's gear.

As for the guy who asked to begin with?? I LOVE the new HMK Hustler gear!! Soft fabric on the cuffs so it doesn't rub her tender skin wrong! no velcro on the neck -instead they use magnetic fasteners!! Plus they have a cool olive color and a plaid.... happy shopping!

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ladies Klim gear ........I am fairly tall 5'7...and no not all Klim ladies gear is insulated , you can but the 3 layer system just like the men's but it is built for ladies .....and it fits well , tolerates wear and tear and I have never ever been wet .........It's worth the money !!

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am with Skadi on this one....HMK is very light weight and fits well...you get the length with it too. I wear the mens gear and love it...I like the color options also...Klim doesn't seem to have any color options...when I wear layers under them I can still move freely.

I like being a bit more unique on the hills not looking like every other woman next to me with all the same looking Klim gear!!! :d

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear Klim gear without any problems. I did buy the women's line for my pants since they had back-door drop access. I don't mind them being insulated as I tend to be on the colder side all of the time (sledding or not). I have worn it for 2 years with no complaints. Yes, I do match most other people wearing Klim (as mentioned by JeepChic) but my sled makes up for it by being a unique look :d.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear Klim....don't mind the black at all....to me black is less likely to show any dirt, grease, etc....and I also don't mind that it makes me look slimmer!! lol My sled and helmet have more than enough color to make me stand out on the hill, so yeah....LOVE my Klim, would never got to any other brand.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ladies Klim gear ........I am fairly tall 5'7...and no not all Klim ladies gear is insulated , you can but the 3 layer system just like the men's but it is built for ladies .....and it fits well , tolerates wear and tear and I have never ever been wet .........It's worth the money !!

Where are you getting non-insulated ladies gear from Klim? They only have one jacket and one pant for women and they are definitely insulated. I have the jacket and removed the stuffing in mine.

Please post a link :)

TIA

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah... that's what I've found too Amy... all of klim's women's gear is insulated... DEF post the link if you have one cause I've had some friends who would probably want it bu can't deal with the insulated stuff...

Also, on the HMK stuff (amy asked me this a little while back so I thought I would post it on here for ALL to read nad posisbly benefit from). I jsut got me new gear and the fit has changed DRASTICLY over last years gear. Granted I have ot wear the mens gear but -hush hush here, don't want to talk about our butts too loud in front of th eguys... but my a$$ looks GREAT with the new cut!! LOVE IT!! can't wait to wiggle iton the hill with some of my GFs and giggle about how important it is to us how good our butt looks under LAYERS of gear when we're out in the MIDDLE of nowhere and likely to run into 4-5 people all day! hahahahahah

Anyway, all new cuts on the HMK stuff and totally new designs so if you've seen it before don't base your decision based off thta (they now have a really cool little forearm pocket that i'm staching chapstick and an itty bitty flash light in!! I love well placed pockets!!

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting non-insulated ladies gear from Klim? They only have one jacket and one pant for women and they are definitely insulated. I have the jacket and removed the stuffing in mine.

Please post a link :)

TIA

I don't believe Klim makes non-insulated gear for women....that is a small pet peeve I have with my jacket (Klim Allure). It's nice on trail rides on cold days but riding in the mountains I almost overheat!! I have the Free-ride pants which are non-insulated and I love them. I have never been cold. I think I may take your advice and remove the stuffing....where do you open the seam? What do you layer underneath on colder days?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will call and talk to the people i know at klim and tell them that they should make a just shell for all you ladies out there that want them. Maybe i'll see if i cant get an email addy for all to send a note to telling them to quit droppin the ball cause there are some serious women riders out there who want the same good gear as the guys but built for women.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks, i have a pretty good idea what to check out, now do we have any supporting vendors here in Edmonton that sell Klim, HMK etc....

Top Bottom