Snow gear for women

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also having a problem finding womens gear that fits my mrs. A xs pant is still too big. She is 5' tall and 98lbs. does klim make youth sizes that might fit?

CoyoteGirl

Reaction score
I'm wearing HMK's womens Hustler Jacket and men's Hustler pant this year. I am a long armed 5'10 girl. The jacket arm and torso length is FABULOUS and like Em said, nice pockets. I've been out once in it with just a base layer and the Coresaver and got way way warm even with the pit vent open. Going to do just silks next time. Love the fluidity of the jacket under a backpack. No bunching, no riding up. GOOD GOOD! Now the pants, I went with the mens as they are a tad longer and I wear them LOW LOW on my butt crack. So if you are ever behind me when I crash, watch out! ;) The pants have vents on the inside of the legs which I had to ride with open all day with just a UA base layer and knee pads. Next ride will be silks on bottom too.

I like the Coresaver but I find it kind of rides up and have to readjust every once in awhile.....
I don't pull the kidney belt thingie tight and have found that it quit riding up on me.

Where are you getting non-insulated ladies gear from Klim?
I believe their first year pant was just a shell. Atleast the set that I tested for them in 2005 was.

They only have tall for large people. I am an XS/S and I have a 37" inseam. Buying sledding gear is almost as depressing as trying on bathing suits. :(
We were able to fit Michelle Dahlin in the Voyager bib S Tall this year. She's 6' and a S. For reference. :)

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the brands called "thirty-two" i've had these ones for several years now and still love them. there only fault is there lace up so i have to duct tape the sides so the clips dont rip my pants and scratch my tunnel lol

the boyfriend runs the hmk's with quick tighten and his feet get soaked, my brother runs the dc's with quick tighten and same issue; half sweat half snow i imagine lol

I have yet to be wet from anything other than sweat, and at that its only usually damp. mind you my powder riding experience is somewhat limited to the rest of you ladies, so i'll keep you updated if i find anything different :)

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did an avalanche course over the weekend, and they informed us that they had some issues with magnets interfering with the beacon signals. The person that was being found had magnet closures on their jacket and the signal kept locating them 50' away from their actual location.

I will be removing the magnets on my HMK gear, just to be safe.

Yeah, when we took our course last winter, that was one of the things that were mentioned. At the time I had a Cat jacket with the magnets....got myself a new jacket after that. Also, GPS's and cell phones shouldn't be in close contact with your beacon as well.....they interfere with the signals.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well....I tested out my new HMK boots today (well yesterday now...lol) I have the White Team Boa boots with the quick closure...and man are they great...got bucked off my machine into a small creek...landed on my feet in ankle deep water!!! That was only mid way through the day...other than a few spots of sweat at the end of the 8 hour ride...my feet remained dry!!!

I am in love I must say with my Team Boa boots!!!

Oh and on a side note...my Ascent Pants also stayed dry in the creek!!! yey for me!!! Love them too!!!

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i looked up your hmk boots JC.. and they are the same style as dathans (the bf), just last seasons boots for him.. seems weird you stayed completely dry and he doesnt :confused: he loves the boots for comfort, warmth, and use.. but gets soaked.. should we assume he sweats that bad? :eek:

i mean the boots are soaked as in we pull out the liners and have the Noma dryers on the liners and boots, and running all night they are sometimes still nearly damp in the morning.. :confused:

i dont get it :dunno:

Glad they work awesome for you :)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i looked up your hmk boots JC.. and they are the same style as dathans (the bf), just last seasons boots for him.. seems weird you stayed completely dry and he doesnt :confused: he loves the boots for comfort, warmth, and use.. but gets soaked.. should we assume he sweats that bad? :eek:

i mean the boots are soaked as in we pull out the liners and have the Noma dryers on the liners and boots, and running all night they are sometimes still nearly damp in the morning.. :confused:

i dont get it :dunno:

Glad they work awesome for you :)

Maybe you should check into that with HMK?? Defective maybe?? Sounds like most peeps don't have issues with those boots...maybe he does sweat that bad :eek:
I'm ordering some today...gonna try them out. Been wearing the Klim boot and love them to death, scared to try something different but these boots get great reviews. :)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually get alot of guys that complain about there feet gettin wet in the hmk boots, they say that there feet stay warm but just get wet. I have sold alot of them new klim boots and they toss the others in the trailer.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately for the cost it sucks but a person just has to try each out...everyone is different...I love my Klim boots but now I love my HMK boots...both boots have different things to offer and different reasons that I love them...

I think the wet issue ???? I agree with Tam that they may be defective. My hubby had a brand new pair of sled pants that same deal...kept getting soaked no matter what he did or did not do!!! He finally at the end of the season took them back to the dealer and told them what was happening...they replaced the pants with the exact same pant and well....he stays completely dry no mater what!!! Defective...likely...

Maybe they didnt water proof the boots...if he likes everything else about them then I would start with getting them replaced and see if that helps...on warrenty it costs nothing...but if he still gets wet feet then switch to Klim!!

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put anti-perspirant on my feet, and they don't sweat anymore. Could be a $3 solution to having to spend $200 on new boots. I just hope I don't have to start shaving my soles......

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm thats an interesting theory! i wouldnt of thought of that.. you could prob get new soles cheaper than new boots also

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bahahahha ummmmmmmm...ya.. about that :confused::confused::rolleyes:

i do have some blonde in my hair.. it may be added but after so long it must have seeped into my mind ;) (no offense to any blondes intended)...

WOW .. lets just forget i said that one (soles) haha

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO W6 :D

Have some HMK Ladies Gear for sale FYI
Brand New, never worn!!!! Sz Large. Super gear!
Can get it to you for Christmas in Alberta!!!

Top Bottom