snow flap getting stuck while unloading

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like the flap on my 2013 pc 162 likes to get sucked under the track while unloading. does it coming off my 2 place which is about 30" max off the ground with a 8' ramp. it will completely bottom out the suspension. had it happen once. nbd to walk it off this ramp, but what happens when its on my sled deck on the pick up? i've heard of once instance where this lead to shearing off some of the rivets and flexing the tunnel.
simple fix = cutting the flap or removing it entirely.
anybody else encounter this?

Jeff Braap Woginowski

Reaction score
This always happens on my sled deck. I just get off once this happens and lift up the back end and pull it down.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just seems kinda silly that you cant ride your sled off the ramp with out getting off and risk bending the tunnel. but i can deal with it, hot knife to the flap just above the wording should help.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a truck deck, I always just put the sled in reverse to make things easier, then push the sled off.

Riding/backing off will catch the flap/

vans

Reaction score
I have an 11 m8 and got tired of the flap hangin up so go ahead and cut it. I trimmed mine right below the lettering like you suggested and I have never had any overheating issue or anything just run your scratchers on the trail and go play you done need that much plastic anyway lol. P.s I find when I get stuck it is easier to get your hand on the bumper for some reason the flap doesn't push up against the bar as tight.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cut the snow flap on my HCR 800 as soon as I got it. I haven't had a problem with it heating up yet, just have too use my scratchers on hard packed trails. I cut the bottom section off under the letters.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
seems like the flap on my 2013 pc 162 likes to get sucked under the track while unloading. does it coming off my 2 place which is about 30" max off the ground with a 8' ramp. it will completely bottom out the suspension. had it happen once. nbd to walk it off this ramp, but what happens when its on my sled deck on the pick up? i've heard of once instance where this lead to shearing off some of the rivets and flexing the tunnel.
simple fix = cutting the flap or removing it entirely.
anybody else encounter this?

trim that bottom section of the flap off just above the writing there is a notch kind of, its meant to be cut off there. This will alleviate this headache.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
those of you running no flaps... hope you take back of the pack... those cats love to throw BIG chunks of chit at everyone behind them.....

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
New cats don't have a rear cooler so I wouldn't remove totally but sometimes I just lift the flap up and also give them a bit of a trim

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
New cats don't have a rear cooler so I wouldn't remove totally but sometimes I just lift the flap up and also give them a bit of a trim

Mikey, that's only the 13's the 12's still have a rear......

But yes.... I'll take a photo of how we trimmed Sara's up when I get home tonight and post it, I have 0 issues unloading the Proclimb..... the Rev...... another story....

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tis true that these things throw chunks....nobody likes following behind me.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

But yes.... I'll take a photo of how we trimmed Sara's up when I get home tonight and post it, I have 0 issues unloading the Proclimb..... the Rev...... another story....

His is a 13 that's why I said I wouldn't remove the flap completely .

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

to be clear fellas, only the limited and hcr's have no rear cooler, the non-limited sno pro still has a cooler, cause its definitely there on mine! ;)

Top Bottom