Nothing But Problems With New XM

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I did the maiden voyage with the new sled today, and it was fraught with problems right from the getgo. When taking it off the truck, one of the chains on the ramp broke and the starboard side ski got stuck in between the rungs of the ramp. I had to lift the sled up to get it unstuck, the sled is way to light. My Nytro would have needed a tow truck to accomplish the same feat. Once on the trail, I found out the seat is way to comfortable, I think I fell asleep at one point, that and the suspension is way to smooth, almost Cadillac like. Driving down the trail, the sled was to predictible, get off course a bit and wick on it and your straightened out, way to easy to drive. Up on the hill, the track had to much traction when it hooked up, and steering while catwalking it up hills was also to easy, whats up with that! Power, to much, even though I was just breaking the belt in, I did get to listen to the RAVE's open up a couple times, OK, maybe 6 times. The footwells are to far forward, its like driving my SLT Duramax its so comfy, the handwarmers are to warm, it dosen't use enough gas (didn't even make the gauge move after 70kms) and the MuffPot got to hot on the MBRP can and almost burnt my grille cheese with ham and jalipano sandy! And whats up with that Linq system! I had the gas can on and the 10L tunnel bag and the danged things didn't move all day long! I don't think I could have shook them off if I tried, why would anyone want that kinda system, no more lost gas cans! Anyways, if it werern't for the Spring Checked 4 year bumper to bumper warranty I just might have been looking for a sled with usual sled troubles! Woe is me............Sherm

Attachments

• 141201c.jpg
    141201c.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 659

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I did the maiden voyage with the new sled today, and it was fraught with problems right from the getgo. When taking it off the truck, one of the chains on the ramp broke and the starboard side ski got stuck in between the rungs of the ramp. I had to lift the sled up to get it unstuck, the sled is way to light. My Nytro would have needed a tow truck to accomplish the same feat. Once on the trail, I found out the seat is way to comfortable, I think I fell asleep at one point, that and the suspension is way to smooth, almost Cadillac like. Driving down the trail, the sled was to predictible, get off course a bit and wick on it and your straightened out, way to easy to drive. Up on the hill, the track had to much traction when it hooked up, and steering while catwalking it up hills was also to easy, whats up with that! Power, to much, even though I was just breaking the belt in, I did get to listen to the RAVE's open up a couple times, OK, maybe 6 times. The footwells are to far forward, its like driving my SLT Duramax its so comfy, the handwarmers are to warm, it dosen't use enough gas (didn't even make the gauge move after 70kms) and the MuffPot got to hot on the MBRP can and almost burnt my grille cheese with ham and jalipano sandy! And whats up with that Linq system! I had the gas can on and the 10L tunnel bag and the danged things didn't move all day long! I don't think I could have shook them off if I tried, why would anyone want that kinda system, no more lost gas cans! Anyways, if it werern't for the Spring Checked 4 year bumper to bumper warranty I just might have been looking for a sled with usual sled troubles! Woe is me............Sherm

lifes rough.... :O)

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention how crummy its starts too, first pull, every time, hot or cold, should have gotten the ES! Sherm

butthead

Reaction score
sorry to hear about that
really sucks to be you
ill trade you a 15 pack of extra old stock
for that problematic sled

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

cool is that the range

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention how crummy its starts too, first pull, every time, hot or cold, should have gotten the ES! Sherm
-25 Sunday, mine took 4 pulls. First time ever it hasn't started first pull.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just took you that long to pull you big boy undies up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha was waiting for that. I even gave it three long slow foreplay pulls before I started really yanking on it.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And when it rolls over a dozen times and lands up side down still starts first pull. I think guys arm going to start to weaken if they ride these things to much.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And when it rolls over a dozen times and lands up side down still starts first pull. I think guys arm going to start to weaken if they ride these things to much.
To remember the old days just pull over a cold m1000 one in awhile.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To remember the old days just pull over a cold m1000 one in awhile.

That's not an easy thing to do. Another problem with these etecs are the amount they smoke! How does a guy get his fix of 2 stroke smoke if it doesn't?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Uggggh, haven't even picked my t3 up yet, and already dreading the first ride..... Probably able to pull the starter rope with one hand, rather than 2 like my old rt1000...... Probably save my shoulders and knees some pain, with the cushy ride......... Not gonna be fun, is it

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, I will have a 2013 SP 154 up for sale at the end of year. Doolaide like this I'm about to overdose. The big boy undies post nearly give my computer a coffee shower.

The color constrast in that pic is something else.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Uggggh, haven't even picked my t3 up yet, and already dreading the first ride..... Probably able to pull the starter rope with one hand, rather than 2 like my old rt1000...... Probably save my shoulders and knees some pain, with the cushy ride......... Not gonna be fun, is it

we've already determined you are too old for this beast of a headache Ric, I think you should cancel that order and go and talk to Yamaha about a nice Yamaha Venture Touring Model.

Top Bottom