Snow Eliminators / Better Boards

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking into putting a pair on my 07 Rev, tired of kicking the crap outta my running boards, espically with all the heavy wet powder iv been in this season. Anyone know of a place that sells them in Canada ? Snow eliminators are from the states i think. I wouldn't mind anodizing them too, would this make snow stick to them ?

Any good places in Calgary that do anodizing ? for my summer project i have a buncha stuff to get anodized.

Any info positive or negative about these boards would be great !

Thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking into putting a pair on my 07 Rev, tired of kicking the crap outta my running boards, espically with all the heavy wet powder iv been in this season. Anyone know of a place that sells them in Canada ? Snow eliminators are from the states i think. I wouldn't mind anodizing them too, would this make snow stick to them ?

Any good places in Calgary that do anodizing ? for my summer project i have a buncha stuff to get anodized.

Thanks

Dusty sells them - Snowmobile Recyclers in DeWinton. Work good, keeps the snow out of the boards. Get bigger rivets when you put them on, try to get as much surface area to support them as possible.

ShOrTrAk

Reaction score
I am thinking of installing the "No Snos" running board by Fastlane. Have read a lot of good reviews on these on the Snowest fourm. Check them out.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of installing the "No Snos" running board by Fastlane. Have read a lot of good reviews on these on the Snowest fourm. Check them out.

Nice looking stuff, although they only appear to be for Kitty Cats. Im sure one could use them on a Doo but they may not line up correctly and stuff.

W

woodies

Thanks

got on my nytro and all i can say is WOW!:d hard to explain how much fun i have ever time i stop and watch the buddies poke and stomp!:p get them black from F_BOMB and follow the instructions! most people will tell you anadizing don't make much difference for snow sticking versus raw. i'll post a pic of mine hopefully?:) on work putter and this was only one i'll try for better one later! pm me if you get a set and i'll give you a couple sweet tips that i got from others!!!:d

Attachments

• 000_0294.jpg
    000_0294.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 73

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a pair from from F-Bomb too, but they didn't hold up to my riding (alot of jumping etc..) They bent and cracked in a few rides. I made my own this time and reinforced them in the appropriate areas!!

If you wanted a set and aren't in a rush...I could map them out for your sled and get some made up for you!?!?

Attachments

• IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 66

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the snow eliminators from the states and thats all they do....eliminate snow. Hardly any extra strenght. Leave as much original material when you do the cutouts cause the boards will bend.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got the snow eliminators from the states and thats all they do....eliminate snow. Hardly any extra strenght. Leave as much original material when you do the cutouts cause the boards will bend.

Did you leave in the brace under the running boards? I put a set of snow eliminators on and need to get rid of that brace as snow piles up worse than ever. I will try to get some pics today.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a pair from from F-Bomb too, but they didn't hold up to my riding (alot of jumping etc..) They bent and cracked in a few rides. I made my own this time and reinforced them in the appropriate areas!!

If you wanted a set and aren't in a rush...I could map them out for your sled and get some made up for you!?!?

Those are sharp looking man!!! nice work!

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you leave in the brace under the running boards? I put a set of snow eliminators on and need to get rid of that brace as snow piles up worse than ever. I will try to get some pics today.

Yeah I left them in place. Snow does still build up at the front but my feet are rarely that far forward. If a guy were to remove that brace you would have to reinforce it some other way;):twocents:

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thouse are sick man, nice work !!!! id be up for that this will be part of my summer project so there is no rush at all.... PM me with some details, very interested.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I left them in place. Snow does still build up at the front but my feet are rarely that far forward. If a guy were to remove that brace you would have to reinforce it some other way;):twocents:

I wish that were the case. The braces on my sled are right where i stand and it drives me nuts.

Top Bottom