Snow conditions Whitecourt Edson

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in Edson last weekend and week before. Little Sundance to Sliver Summit was rough for first 3 miles then was good! Power line and pipelines south of Edson were good with a lot of untouched snow! 1- 1 1/2 feet of powder. Whitecourt blazers say all of their trails are groomed and open. May head there this weekend or Swan Hills

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what snow is like in whitecourt, edson area if it is worth the trip. Feb11, 12 th Has anyone been out there lately.
i just got back from working in edson, i dont know how the trails are but if your looking to ride some cutlines for some fresh snow. i wouldn't bother making the trip its was above 0 degrees for the past 2 weeks. sorry to be the bearer of bad news bud. like i said if your going for the trails i have no idea. i rode the cutlines there about 1 month ago and it was actually really really fun.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just got back from working in edson, i dont know how the trails are but if your looking to ride some cutlines for some fresh snow. i wouldn't bother making the trip its was above 0 degrees for the past 2 weeks. sorry to be the bearer of bad news bud. like i said if your going for the trails i have no idea. i rode the cutlines there about 1 month ago and it was actually really really fun.

I was just there last weekend and it was awesome. See below photo.
427471_10150768904962538_674022537_12622722_322300159_n.jpg

Sled Cop

Reaction score
If you know where to go, there is lots of snow to play around in. I was out last weekend on the cutlines, waist deep in places but mostly somewhere between the knees and waist. I'm not short either, lol.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out there last weekend also. Had a great ride unloaded at the the lovett staging area south of Robb. Then hit the trail and headed west. Lots of snow and everyone in our group got stuck at least once. Would have kept going but the poo in our group snapped his steering post. Good thing he knows how to ride i was impressed rode the 40 kms back with no steering.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Lovett open again? It was closed after new years due to blasting.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was no signs saying it was closed and the lot is plowed. Also most of the deadfall on the trails has been cleaned up from the last time we were there.

hymanykd

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is any snow whitecourt way... need to put some miles on a rebuild have not been out this year

cutterguy987

Reaction score
Website
www.laurencemarkwart.com
just think'n going to whitecourt on weekend head out on golden triangle, hope some snow out there, looks like travel to mountains are a little bit dangerous avalanche warnings are high.

Top Bottom