Snow Check a Freeride or Summit X

Whitetail7

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading my sled to an 800 and am considering the X or a Freeride with the 154 track. From what I can tell the X is about 30 lbs lighter at 459 and the ski stance in narrower by about 2 inches. I'm leaning towards the Freeride, but am wondering if there will be a huge performance difference with the lighter/narrower ski stance on the X?

Will the cost to snow check one of these vary much? Can these be negotiated, or is the price firm with the snow check?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Summit is better suited for powder riding with the narrower ski stance and the lighter weight. The Freeride excells in jumping, handling while climbing in rough snow. There is a significant price difference between the 2 because of the shock package on the Freeride.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What dealer has the best deal on snow checking or best extra incentives. I was told one dealer was throwing in a set of raptor shocks if you snow check with them but I'm not sure what dealer it was. Can anybody throw some insight my way if that's true or just crazy talk! Thanks for the info.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to ride around home lots then get the freeride. I have one and love it around here. If you are doing 90% mountains get the x. There is not much difference in price now according to the brp website.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to ride around home lots then get the freeride. I have one and love it around here. If you are doing 90% mountains get the x. There is not much difference in price now according to the brp website.

:confused::confused::confused::confused: There is $1400 difference between the two 154's.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused::confused::confused::confused: There is $1400 difference between the two 154's.

What The Crap??? I swear that when I first looked, this was on martin's site, the prices were really close. Like a couple hundred dollars worth. And now you are right. The prices are like previous years. Strange. I wonder if there was a typo before and now it is fixed. I remember it well as it had me thinking of selling my 12 to get a 14.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either way however my opinion is the same. If considerable amount of riding is done in the mountains vs here then I would get an x over the freeride. But if the op does a lot of riding here then the freeride is worth it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im trying to decide that too,,,163sp(id change the shocks anyway, so no need for the x) vs freeride for me. Right now Im leaning towards the freeride also. I ride just in the mountains and I ride alot.

The X will be easyier to side hill,, so if your not that good at it then the X would be the way to go. If you are good at sidehilling then its not really an issue.

The extra 20lbs(vs 163x) on the freeride comes from better shocks and a stronger chassis. I like to jump and I ride Alot so the extra durrability of the freeride is whats appealing to me, cause I could always just put better shocks on the X.
(you could narrow the freeride if you wanted to also)

I ride trees alot too and the 163 makes it a little easyier,(mostly early season) but I can still can put a 154 in all the same places.

I gotta a couple weeks to decide. Desions,desions....

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What dealer has the best deal on snow checking or best extra incentives. I was told one dealer was throwing in a set of raptor shocks if you snow check with them but I'm not sure what dealer it was. Can anybody throw some insight my way if that's true or just crazy talk! Thanks for the info.

The best deal only gets you the sled...the best dealer gets you the best after sales service!! Worth an extra couple hundred bucks IMO...

Whitetail7

Reaction score
How's Riverside to deal with? Looking at also possibly getting the kids a 120 Polaris as well next year. It would make it a one stop purchase for me. I think Riverside deals Polaris there to now?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T-team at southside Martin

x2. He's been great to deal with on my Snowcheck. My constant questions and hassling him for paperwork, he was very patient. I'm excited to be dealing with Martin Motorsports and Trent there.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure go see the boys at Martin as they are offering a raptor shock upgrade for the snow check packages and the 4 year bumper to bumper is amazing!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should do like my friend and get both, he checked a 146 freeride and a 163 xmx. hes a dick!

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure go see the boys at Martin as they are offering a raptor shock upgrade for the snow check packages and the 4 year bumper to bumper is amazing!

Well I was going to snow check with martins hoping to get their raptor shock upgrade but I was told I'm not eligible for the shocks because I'm not from the edmonton area. So just a heads up if you were looking to get the raptors if your not from edmonton. Good promotion for those that live there!

Top Bottom