Snow and Mudders, fight the caribou!….closures.

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
sorry to tell you guys but when it comes to caribou it,s a no win for sledders or any one else in the area,government won,t budge if you read up on these cridders you,ll know why,not saying its right just saying that's the way it is

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to tell you guys but when it comes to caribou it,s a no win for sledders or any one else in the area,government won,t budge if you read up on these cridders you,ll know why,not saying its right just saying that's the way it is

Appreciate your input jjack. The BCSF is responsible for a large portion of BC clubs and individual members and is in place to represent these parties when it comes to land use issues and anything else snowmobile related. So when things like this come down the pipe, we can not simply sit back and say 'meh, it's a no win why do anything'…that's what the problem currently is, individual riders aren't stepping up to support snowmobiling in the backcountry because they think it's a no win battle. Wrong. When the BCSF get a letter stating things are happening to further take land away from sledders and invites input, we will act as it's our job to do so. If you chose to not sign because it's a losing issue, so be it. But as a group representing thousands of snowmobilers in BC we have to take action and we need to have support of those we are taking action for or we will have very little success and it will result in limited access to land. :) You have nothing to lose by supporting this, you have lots to lose by not supporting initiatives by the groups that can make a difference for you.

Thanks so much to all of you for supporting!!! Together we CAN make a difference, don't let anyone tell you different. :)

Last edited:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been fighting Caribou closures going on 20 years now. One thing I learned a long time ago is to never ask a question I didn't already know the answer to. So.......be careful what you wish for. There's a very good chance another study isn't gong to come back saying what we hope it will.

Having said that.....what the hell. How much worse could it really make things? :dontknow:

Agree. It very well could show us that we need these closures…which is what we want to see. Proof. We really don't have anything to lose and at least we aren't just sitting back, or bending over. :p

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Absolutely disagree. Government is purely political. They will do what the majority of voters want them to do, or they'll be just as threatened as the Caribou. We just need to convince the majority. How we do that is a whole different problem though.

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
don,t get me wrong I,m on your side and I will sign,but if you really want to beat this then you have to know who,what your fighing and why these areas are being closed.I,ve had to deal with this in alberta and as things stand good luck.But you do have my support

Top Bottom