snow and mud weekend

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should get a bunch of snow and mud boaters out on a local lake maybe wabamun or such and do a bunch of water sports and maybe a bbq??

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sounds good we are working right there, is there and dangers in that lake that we sould watch for, is it deep or sand bars anything like that

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have only been out on that lake a few times, and i prefer to launch from the provincial park then the town marina. you have to watch your depth finder in certain parts, but for the most part its okay, and in the little bay you have to stay under 12kms.
speaking of which, when i was there last some guy from martin equip left his truck and trailer in the middle of the ramp while he tested a boat, so no one else could use the ramp. i think that would be one of the other hazards lol

it's actually a good size lake when you get out on it.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll be camping at Wabamun next weekend if anyone is going out I'll be in group site "a". My trailer and truck are decalled with SNOWANDMUD.COM.

I'd be interested in coming out to such an event, maybe make it somewhere near a campground so that people have the option to camp for the weekend as well.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer:you guys live too far NORTH....
is their any good lakes in the middle of AB?
I would be in. the more weight the bigger the WAKE:D

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Isn't there still problems at Wabamun because of the oil spill?

nope, in fact Wabamun is cleaner now than it was before the spill.

Consider maybe Gull Lake as well (Aspen Beach) has a huge campground and is a big lake, with large play area for kids.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beer:you guys live too far NORTH....
is their any good lakes in the middle of AB?
I would be in. the more weight the bigger the WAKE:D

you sales managers out of calgary, no drive like us ones up north, we must be tougher from the harsher climate!!!!lol

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sounds like fun keep me posted. From my experiences Sylvan lake LOT's of ladies...ton's, lot's of people just cruise and take it the mountianous scenery:d, Glenifer has ALOT of dead heads, the lake level controlled by dam, Wabamun is a pretty good lake all around the provincial park has the best loading ramp, lake is big, some shallow spots, low crowds, choppy until evening rolls around, Wizard is a gorgeous lake perfect for boarding long and narrow in a valley but can be crowded on a hot sunny day. Pigeon's not bad too but damn it seems that lake never warms up...brrrr.

So my vote is the Shushaps and i'll bring the beads!!!!! Who's in?:d

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you sales managers out of calgary, no drive like us ones up north, we must be tougher from the harsher climate!!!!lol

toooo COLD up north for us Southerners!!!!:d
I drive too much for sled n, so I try and stay near home for the summer,
I just drove 10 hours yesterday to sled in Revy, left at 5am and got home at 2am,, us COW FOLKS are always ready!:d

Newfee

Reaction score
sounds like a good idea any lake around that someone could rip there sled around ya know a little sea doo vs ski doo action as long as theres no stops lol

Top Bottom