Snorkel complete (pics)

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, here's the completed pics of my home built snorkel........still needs to be tested. :)

Attachments

• Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 56
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 56

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good brute force boy and after seeing how you have set up the snorkels has given me an idea on how to set mine up. Before the snorkels how did that splash guard work for you? Was it worth the effort of trying to mount a piece of rubber mat in front to try and stop the mist and water from getting in the air box?

hogwild

Reaction score
did it change the way the quad runs ? jetting ? . i need to do mine to sunk it three times alredy.did you also do vent lines

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before the snorkels how did that splash guard work for you? Was it worth the effort of trying to mount a piece of rubber mat in front to try and stop the mist and water from getting in the air box?

Actually, the splash guard is stock, I had to cut a whole in it to fit the pipe through, I was just gonna take it off but figured any extra protection would help.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, I'm hoping that since I didn't have to do a bunch of bends from the airbox that it shouldn't effect the carbs to much. I did re'route the carb vents lines to up under the speedo but haven't had a chance yet to check the rest out.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, went for a test drive today, just a dry run and found that at idle, the engine wants to stall and at around 50 kmph the engine starts to cut in and out.
Is this a jetting problem due to the snorkel or is it from when I drownded the engine. I didn't really take a test run between drowning it and putting the snorkel on.

Its still running good from the start, wheelies fine and no problem going up hills.

Any help would be great.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks great..what kind of hose is the green stuff? i like how you painted it to match..good work.:beer:

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks great..what kind of hose is the green stuff?

I got it from a farming supply store, the green is plastic and black is rubber, its used for water piping I'm told and it worked great with the pvc elbows. There is some flex in it so I got the measurements set up and just glued up the elbows and then coupled them to the airbox, cvt in and out fittings and done.

hogwild

Reaction score
i have herd that snorkeling makes theses things run diferent, i bet you need to re-jet to lean it out a bit. take it for a ride with air box lid loose to let more air in see if it helps. if it does jet the carbs down

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, went for a good ride yesterday and learned a few things.
Firstly, it seems that at higher speeds over 50Km, the intake line for the air box and cvt don't seem to get enough air, maybe cause the inlet elbows point back and the wind turbulence actually suck air away from them.

Anyway, while riding at high speed down a gravel road, my 10 hour old belt blew, furthering my theory that the cvt and air box are being robbed of air do to the high speed wind turbulence.

Any suggestions are welcome and warning to others that are going to make there own snorkel.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a clutch kit installed? If so there has to be a problem with your clutch alignment or something binding and hanging up. Another reason maybe have you got the belt wet many times or smoked it badly? I've got a clutch kit in my BF 750 and got 100 hrs out of it before it blew. I got my belt wet a few times and smoked it badly once so it was only a matter of time before it went. If your easy on the belt and with a clutch kit you should easily get a couple 1000 km's out of it.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply crazy_wheele, I do have a clutch kit installed, it was done by the dealer so I think/hope it was done right.
I've got a new belt coming in and I plan to re-work my snorkel inlets to fix the problem I hope :rant: bells arn't cheep. :eek:

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, went for a test drive today, just a dry run and found that at idle, the engine wants to stall and at around 50 kmph the engine starts to cut in and out.
Is this a jetting problem due to the snorkel or is it from when I drownded the engine. I didn't really take a test run between drowning it and putting the snorkel on.

Its still running good from the start, wheelies fine and no problem going up hills.

Any help would be great.

Your problem could be caused by either but I guess it depends on how bad you drowned it and whether or not your carbs are dirty because of that. I think that you should have had to re-jet after your snorkels so I think that is probably your problem. One way to find out for sure is to disconnect your intake snorkel from the air box and take it for a spin to see how it runs.......if it runs fine you will know that you either need more air to the intake or you need to re-jet. You could also try to take the screen out that is located under your air filter as that restricts the air also.............just don't drop anything into the carbs if you do that though.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey I've got an 07 750 and i snorkeled mine just like yours and mine ran like ch!t after to. yours sounds lean if its poping or cutting out your to lean. I ended up jetting mine up and i belive i shimed up the needles 10 thou and with my muzzy and airbox mods including a dynateck it frcken hauls ass. imagine pullin a wheelie sitting on the seat a holding it up to about 75km. I spent hours getting it to run good but ever since havent touched it. also word of advise your carb breathers in front of your airbox t them together and route them up under your dash other wise can take in debrise and plug off jets. personal experience! good luck and happy baggin

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might also want to put some small mesh over the snorkels as they with such in mud flying throught the air. on mine i used screen off an automotive air filter, window screen will restrict it to much. use something with about 1/4 inch holes and i used hoes clampes to hold on the screen workes great and looks good too!

damen14

Reaction score
i have snorkled my 07 750. a friend and i did ours, he went with a 2" for intake and cvt. i went 3" for intake and 2" for my other. i dont know alot but, an engine wont take more air than it will need (my reason for the 3") its like breathing through a straw. less restriction the better, alot of people have issuses with the amount of bends also. i would have gone 2" but i didnt want to do any jetting. however now i'm having the dealer put on a hmf utility. and do the jetting. i hope i dont have a hard time dealing with it. still on the original belt though, and the bike will do 110. no clutching

Top Bottom